Question about proper PLL's and their variables

mike_123

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Hello,

Please forgive spelling or grammar errors.
Intro: because i'm new

(irrelevant)
Being unsatisfied with the preformance of my computer and also not wanting to break the bank. I started in the places i was somewhat farmiliar with. My first step in the journey was a phonecall to LG. My demands were clear, with somewhat sensable reasons. I simply wanted a computer whos capabilities stretched as far as the ability to stream media, play a full length movie and offer a half decent wireless connection. So when i saw the LG Netbook it was clear in my mind that something bigger than an ipod touch and made in the age of streaming online media would be more then enough to satisfy my askings. All the reviews online were great said it was wonderful but i would describe it more as an interesting electronic centre peice or an awkward flashlight, seeing as the only useful perk is the battery life. I went on to tell them their product was absolute garbage and that i felt i had been duped. For the same price i could get a duo core with the capabilities to do what i ask, which isnt much. So i told them, "refund me for my purchase price and ill even do you guys the solid of putting it towards another LG". I even offered to pay the shipping. My plan wasnt actually to buy another LG, I don't even know if they make anything other then netbooks. So as you probably have guessed, Alfred told me I can send it in to the nearist tech centre to have it checked out, at my own cost mind you (warrentys over). Frustruated, thinking that i have run out of options, gave Alfred a $%#! you later (well i thought of it after, remember seeing it in a movie once. Would have been funny, those phone guys are tough as nails anyway.

(partial relevance)
Anyhow i was looking for upgrades i could do to my netbook when i came across overclocking, after doing some research this site turned up and it seems to be quite relevent and has some pretty knowledgable people. Now i have head that using software and especially overclocking a notebook let alone a netbook is dangerious and from some people just down right wrong, and I understand where they are coming from. But the fact remains that i have here a peice of garbage, garbage which now holds some potential. Now to the questions.

Question:

(most relevant)
SetFSB shareware is the only version that holds my pll number. (RTM875T-606)
(RTM875T-606)
133.3/266.7/100.0/33.3MHz FSB/DDR/PCI-E/PCI
since i cant use this i was wondering if it is possible to use a PLL with higher FSB/DDR and bring the slider down (bringing it to equal my orign fsb/ddr) and work from there. Are these not just examples which we are working from? is it safe? why or why not?

Also, could i do the same with a lower PLL and simply bring the slider up to par and work from there? What are the dangers of having a lower or higher PCI-E/PCI ? as i could not find any articles about them.

Thank you for your time,

Mike

mike_123

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Alright looks like i made the mistake of mentioning that its a netbook.....For those of you who insist on telling people that it cant be done. Lets assume that its not a netbook and that i have a normal computer, but cant find my correct pll. Can someone give me an unbiased answer?