Nokia 6230 & Cingular gprs

I'm trying to make a GPRS connection to receive e-mail using a Nokia 6230
and a pocket PC without and success. I do have a Cingular data connect
package. These are my settings.

BT Dialup *99#
ISP@CINGULARSGPRS.COM also I've tried WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
password CINGULAR1

Anyone have any additional thoughts.

Why not just setup the 6230 to receive email directly from the phone.
Menu/Messages/Email/Email Settings, then enter in all ur email info.

You may find it easier to go to Nokia site and have Nokia send ur phone an
SMS
with all the correct settings for email, rather than entering it in manually
from the phone.

you can configure it to receive POP3 email no problem.
If ur talkin about webmail, u might be better off trying the infrared
interface connection to ur pda, than BT.

"psxjay" <psxjay@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to make a GPRS connection to receive e-mail using a Nokia 6230
> and a pocket PC without and success. I do have a Cingular data connect
> package. These are my settings.
>
> BT Dialup *99#
> ISP@CINGULARSGPRS.COM also I've tried WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
> password CINGULAR1
>
> Anyone have any additional thoughts.

I need to send and receive small files. I also find it hard to read the
small phone. I've tried the Nokia setup and still haven't any success.
Thanks

psxjay wrote:
> I'm trying to make a GPRS connection to receive e-mail using a Nokia 6230
> and a pocket PC without and success. I do have a Cingular data connect
> package. These are my settings.
>
> BT Dialup *99#
> ISP@CINGULARSGPRS.COM also I've tried WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
> password CINGULAR1
>
> Anyone have any additional thoughts.

What is failing? Do you get any sort of error message on the phone?

Yes the error always says "subscribe to GPRS".

"cledus" <cledus@noemail.net> wrote in message
> psxjay wrote:
>> I'm trying to make a GPRS connection to receive e-mail using a Nokia
>> 6230
>> and a pocket PC without and success. I do have a Cingular data connect
>> package. These are my settings.
>>
>> BT Dialup *99#
>> ISP@CINGULARSGPRS.COM also I've tried WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
>> password CINGULAR1
>>
>> Anyone have any additional thoughts.
>
> What is failing? Do you get any sort of error message on the phone?

TRENDING THREADS