POLL: What animals would you like to see?

1) What animals would you like to see if Maxis make an Unleashed-type
expansion?

2) What interactions would you like to have with them?

As an animal lover, I was somewhat dissappointed at the extremely
limited interactions in owning anything besides cats and dogs. Birds
and iguanas are fullworthy pets. They play, they sleep, they eat etc.
Also, I wish Maxis would make them as hardy as they made dogs and
cats. It should also be possible to adopt animals. And sims who were
cruel to their animals to the point of imminent death should have them
taken away by the ASPCA(I think is right.. or was it ACLU? :-P).

I for one would like to see all the Unleashed pets make a comeback as
well... and be fullworthy pets, like cats and dogs, but they should
not take up space in the household (8 max). They could have their own
mini-portrats stacked closely along the bottom or something.
69 answers Last reply
More about poll animals

    I want kitty cats :) You know what I'd like
    to see after Nightlife? A Sim-Farm type EP. In
    Sims 1 I used to always play farm families that
    lived off their crops in Unleashed. I had the
    chickens you could dl from PerSimmon Grove, and
    lots of countrified furniture. Pioneer families
    were my big thing. But I'd like to see horses,
    cows the sims can milk, all that farmish stuff.

    Laura the city girl

    >> Dogs, cats, ferrets, monkeys, iguanas, turtles, parrots, fish(but many
    >> individual species as their own objects that bob around in the tank,
    >> and you could buy so-and-so many fish and players could create new
    >> custom fish skins, or all animal skins for that matter), snakes,
    >> horses, cows, pigs, chicken(yes you heard me, and they'd live
    >> outside), and also koi carps and the like that could live in water
    >> ponds, or maybe even a fountain... but then the add soap would have
    >> horrible consequences lol

    >I agreed!

    >Something called SIMS 2 : FARMHOUSE :D

    Dinosaurs, you could have a T-Rex pet that eats uninvited guests who
    steal from the money tree!! That will show them!!!
    Other mythical creature would be nice too.

    Plus I would like big cats: Snow Leopards, Cheetahs etc.

    >And I'm soooooooo curious to see what the next EP is... but that
    >probably won't be announced til some time after NL(Nightlife) is out.

    I don't know. I have a sneaky feeling there be a flyer if NightLife
    showing what it is. The flyer that came with Uni created a big buzz,
    I'm sure EA's marketing department will be keen to recreate it.

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 08:04:34 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va>
    wrote:

    >1) What animals would you like to see if Maxis make an Unleashed-type
    >expansion?

    Dogs, cats, ferrets, monkeys, iguanas, turtles, parrots, fish(but many
    individual species as their own objects that bob around in the tank,
    and you could buy so-and-so many fish and players could create new
    custom fish skins, or all animal skins for that matter), snakes,
    horses, cows, pigs, chicken(yes you heard me, and they'd live
    outside), and also koi carps and the like that could live in water
    ponds, or maybe even a fountain... but then the add soap would have
    horrible consequences lol

    > Dogs, cats, ferrets, monkeys, iguanas, turtles, parrots, fish(but many
    > individual species as their own objects that bob around in the tank,
    > and you could buy so-and-so many fish and players could create new
    > custom fish skins, or all animal skins for that matter), snakes,
    > horses, cows, pigs, chicken(yes you heard me, and they'd live
    > outside), and also koi carps and the like that could live in water
    > ponds, or maybe even a fountain... but then the add soap would have
    > horrible consequences lol

    I agreed!

    Something called SIMS 2 : FARMHOUSE :D

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 06:32:20 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I want kitty cats :) You know what I'd like
    >to see after Nightlife? A Sim-Farm type EP. In
    >Sims 1 I used to always play farm families that
    >lived off their crops in Unleashed. I had the
    >chickens you could dl from PerSimmon Grove, and
    >lots of countrified furniture. Pioneer families
    >were my big thing. But I'd like to see horses,
    >cows the sims can milk, all that farmish stuff.

    I did the same thing. And I rather miss it :-\ But they should throw
    all the farm stuff together with animal stuff, and family business
    stuff... like Unleashed.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > I did the same thing. And I rather miss it :-\ But they should throw
    > all the farm stuff together with animal stuff, and family business
    > stuff... like Unleashed.

    Yes, I think that would work great. There, Maxis. You
    have your idea for your next EP, free of charge <g> Hey,
    it could happen. I posted to the BB at the official site
    that I'd like to see Sims come with just the clothes they're
    created with, and then have to go to town to buy new clothes...
    hmmmm... ;)

    Laura

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 06:46:52 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Yes, I think that would work great. There, Maxis. You
    >have your idea for your next EP, free of charge <g> Hey,
    >it could happen. I posted to the BB at the official site
    >that I'd like to see Sims come with just the clothes they're
    >created with, and then have to go to town to buy new clothes...
    >hmmmm... ;)

    Hehe yeah. One thing I don't understand tho is how come they did
    University first... maybe because it was already lined up that way? I
    betcha they've already set the order of EPs in stone, and probably
    have 3-4 more planned already with more to come.

    It also seems like the fans who holler the loudest get their wishes.
    And I'm soooooooo curious to see what the next EP is... but that
    probably won't be announced til some time after NL(Nightlife) is
    out... hopefully it's an Unleashed variant... Unleashed added SO much
    to the core game... at-home businesses, crop growing, pets, huge
    neighbourhood... hell, I think they could sell a ton of games by
    making a whole EP just about farming, like was said.

    Imagine if you will...
    -Larger lots (to accomodate a farm and crops)
    -NPC employees (that sow, weed, gather crops, water, take care of
    animals etc.)
    -NPC Veterinarian (listed under emergeancy, of course) for when your
    animals give birth or get sick
    -Equipment like sprinklers and stuff to make watering simpler... maybe
    even some kind of harvesting machine, that looks like a weed-blower,
    hehe
    -Farm themes, new fireplaces, wood interior, floors and walls, plants,
    kitchen, and of course, you'd have to build a barn! For the animals
    -Cows, horses, pigs, chickens... hell, why not be a Llama farmer!?
    Maxis has a thing for llamas! Always have.

    Runnin outta good ideas... hmm

    All kinds of crops, including the ones from Unleashed and grapes and
    stuff from Makin Magic, so you can make your own wine... and get your
    sims drunk :-)

    Will Wright's got nothing on me!

    Hmm... sehlats or targs, perhaps? ;-)

    On 6 Jun 2005 03:34:43 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >I don't know. I have a sneaky feeling there be a flyer if NightLife
    >showing what it is. The flyer that came with Uni created a big buzz,
    >I'm sure EA's marketing department will be keen to recreate it.

    Ah, yes... that may quite possibly be. I don't mind though. Long as
    they keep the EPs coming and of reasonable quality, hehe.

    On 6 Jun 2005 03:15:33 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >Dinosaurs, you could have a T-Rex pet that eats uninvited guests who
    >steal from the money tree!! That will show them!!!
    >Other mythical creature would be nice too.

    LOL! Well, Maxis are quite keen to capitalize on any current trends...
    like Makin Magic... maybe if they release some new dinosaur movies :-)

    Heck, maybe we'll get Sims 2 Superhero EP hehe, that seems to be the
    order of the day. We already have Captain Hero(es)!

    >Plus I would like big cats: Snow Leopards, Cheetahs etc.

    Granted that would be ubercool... but I doubt Maxis would include
    them. Unless it was a Circus EP or something :-\

    While I agree with dogs and cats, I never really liked the use of
    Iguanas. I know this sounds silly, but it disturbs me to give the
    impression Iguana care is easy....it is NOT. I have one, a real mean
    little bugger who is in his time right now (anyone with ig's will
    understand) and he also came to me with Metabolic Bone Disease....which is
    a costly, continuing disorder. Fact is, most Iguanas you see out there
    for sale are already parasite infested or even sick. The first one I had
    didn't live past a year, despite my efforts. I used to have a very large
    female also...she died because the people who owned her before me though
    it was ok to feed her iceburg lettuce, crickets and dog food. She lived a
    while under our care, but eventually passed from the liver and kidney
    failure she was destined to have. So yeah, kinda a touchy subject with me.

    But everything else would do well. I would also like to see more
    interactions....and it sure would be fab to see pets in the better
    graphics of S2. I think it would be neat to add monkeys---if owned by a
    sloppy poor sim, the mess would be atrocious! LOL

    I agree, they shouldn't take up space in the household. That was a drag
    in S1.

    Dianna

    wrote:

    > 1) What animals would you like to see if Maxis make an Unleashed-type
    > expansion?
    >
    > 2) What interactions would you like to have with them?
    >
    > As an animal lover, I was somewhat dissappointed at the extremely
    > limited interactions in owning anything besides cats and dogs. Birds
    > and iguanas are fullworthy pets. They play, they sleep, they eat etc.
    > Also, I wish Maxis would make them as hardy as they made dogs and
    > cats. It should also be possible to adopt animals. And sims who were
    > cruel to their animals to the point of imminent death should have them
    > taken away by the ASPCA(I think is right.. or was it ACLU? :-P).
    >
    > I for one would like to see all the Unleashed pets make a comeback as
    > well... and be fullworthy pets, like cats and dogs, but they should
    > not take up space in the household (8 max). They could have their own
    > mini-portrats stacked closely along the bottom or something.

    Rideable horses. The ones for S1 were fun but limited.

    Dianna

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 06:32:20 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I want kitty cats :) You know what I'd like
    > to see after Nightlife? A Sim-Farm type EP. In
    > Sims 1 I used to always play farm families that
    > lived off their crops in Unleashed. I had the
    > chickens you could dl from PerSimmon Grove, and
    > lots of countrified furniture. Pioneer families
    > were my big thing. But I'd like to see horses,
    > cows the sims can milk, all that farmish stuff.
    >
    > Laura the city girl

    All such fab ideas! If only....

    Dianna

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:12:38 +0200, Guardian Pegasus

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > 1) What animals would you like to see if Maxis make an Unleashed-type
    > expansion?

    Bigfoot.

    > 2) What interactions would you like to have with them?

    Running like hell.

    --
    --Cuth

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 06:46:52 GMT, Laura Castellano
    > <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes, I think that would work great. There, Maxis. You
    >> have your idea for your next EP, free of charge <g> Hey,
    >> it could happen. I posted to the BB at the official site
    >> that I'd like to see Sims come with just the clothes they're
    >> created with, and then have to go to town to buy new clothes...
    >> hmmmm... ;)
    >
    > Hehe yeah. One thing I don't understand tho is how come they did
    > University first... maybe because it was already lined up that way? I
    > betcha they've already set the order of EPs in stone, and probably
    > have 3-4 more planned already with more to come.
    >
    > It also seems like the fans who holler the loudest get their wishes.
    > And I'm soooooooo curious to see what the next EP is... but that
    > probably won't be announced til some time after NL(Nightlife) is
    > out... hopefully it's an Unleashed variant... Unleashed added SO much
    > to the core game... at-home businesses, crop growing, pets, huge
    > neighbourhood... hell, I think they could sell a ton of games by
    > making a whole EP just about farming, like was said.
    >
    > Imagine if you will...
    > -Larger lots (to accomodate a farm and crops)
    > -NPC employees (that sow, weed, gather crops, water, take care of
    > animals etc.)
    > -NPC Veterinarian (listed under emergeancy, of course) for when your
    > animals give birth or get sick
    > -Equipment like sprinklers and stuff to make watering simpler... maybe
    > even some kind of harvesting machine, that looks like a weed-blower,
    > hehe
    > -Farm themes, new fireplaces, wood interior, floors and walls, plants,
    > kitchen, and of course, you'd have to build a barn! For the animals
    > -Cows, horses, pigs, chickens... hell, why not be a Llama farmer!?
    > Maxis has a thing for llamas! Always have.
    >
    > Runnin outta good ideas... hmm
    >
    > All kinds of crops, including the ones from Unleashed and grapes and
    > stuff from Makin Magic, so you can make your own wine... and get your
    > sims drunk :-)
    >
    > Will Wright's got nothing on me!

    Those are all excellent ideas and I agree completely. Horses, cows, llamas,
    dogs, cats, rabbits, pigs and chickens would be nice. New plants is
    something I long for. I'm getting awfully tired of the limited selection of
    outdoor plants and trees we've got. I want tall thin cedars or poplars to
    line driveways with,. Larger rose bushes and hydrangeas. Junipers! Maple
    trees! Redwoods! Larch! The Mighty Scotch Pine! LOL

    And lattice! I miss my lattice fences! They looked so quaint around the
    back of the hot tub on the patio.

    Jeanie

    Yes! Yes! I'm so on board for this! Now if
    they would only listen. I remember playing Sim Farm,
    way back when. It was always my favorite Sim until
    I got The Sims, then Unleashed was my favorite
    EP. I wanna be a llama rancher! LOL

    Laura

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > Imagine if you will...
    > -Larger lots (to accomodate a farm and crops)
    > -NPC employees (that sow, weed, gather crops, water, take care of
    > animals etc.)
    > -NPC Veterinarian (listed under emergeancy, of course) for when your
    > animals give birth or get sick
    > -Equipment like sprinklers and stuff to make watering simpler... maybe
    > even some kind of harvesting machine, that looks like a weed-blower,
    > hehe
    > -Farm themes, new fireplaces, wood interior, floors and walls, plants,
    > kitchen, and of course, you'd have to build a barn! For the animals
    > -Cows, horses, pigs, chickens... hell, why not be a Llama farmer!?
    > Maxis has a thing for llamas! Always have.
    >
    > Runnin outta good ideas... hmm
    >
    > All kinds of crops, including the ones from Unleashed and grapes and
    > stuff from Makin Magic, so you can make your own wine... and get your
    > sims drunk :-)
    >
    > Will Wright's got nothing on me!

    Wow, I had no idea! What are iguanas *supposed* to eat?

    Laura

    Jeanie wrote:

    > I want to build farms again. I want large veggie gardens and grape arbors.
    > I want pickable apple trees and plums and peaches. I want to build
    > orchards! Barns! Frauit stands!
    >
    > Jeanie

    I'm with you, Jeanie! For all of it!

    Laura

    Laura Castellano wrote:

    > Wow, I had no idea! What are iguanas *supposed* to eat?
    >
    > Laura

    To the best of my limited knowledge, they do well with a variety of
    greens, not iceberg lettuce though. Iceberg has very little nutrition in
    it. They can have some fruits too. Spinach, collards, kale, raddicco,
    greens like that are good for 'em.

    Crickets are debated as to whether or not the protein really is needed.
    I have heard it can shorten an iguana's life.

    Dog food is defintely not appropriate.

    You can also get dry iguana kibble, but they prefer moist foods so they
    don't need to drink as much.

    -georg
    animal lover, but did not like Unleashed.

    > -georg
    > animal lover, but did not like Unleashed.

    Same here. If loud voices really do work I will yell for the health clinic
    option.
    Could they mini-game that?
    Yup. Sim into hospital and depending... 8(

    Okay let's just yell for the expansion pack 'Architects unleashed' ?
    Masses of new building options.

    Granny.

    Granny Grvmpling wrote:

    > "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>-georg
    >>animal lover, bvt did not like Unleashed.
    >

    > Same here. If lovd voices really do work I will yell for the health clinic
    > option.
    > Covld they mini-game that?
    > Yvp. Sim into hospital and depending... 8(
    >
    > Okay let's jvst yell for the expansion pack 'Architects vnleashed' ?
    > Masses of new bvilding options.
    >
    > Granny.

    See, that I covld go for. Easy ways of doing split level homes.
    Waterfalls indoors. Bvbble walls. Circvlar windows. Bay windows with
    window seats. Split stairs, dovble stairs, spiral stairs, and LADDERS.
    Hammocks. Lofts. Bvnk beds. Dome hovsing.

    I want little Bvnion to have his own Giant Egg floating home. Is that
    too mvch to ask?

    -georg
    (When Psoriasis was kidnapped, he had the twins Bvnion and Callvs. Molly
    who is an alien davghter herself is pleased to raise her half-brothers
    with her latest son, Spork, and they all act like triplets, the little
    bvnny banging dears. Molly has had 3 children, all pink. I'm cvriovs to
    see what the new bvn is, and then I'm cvtting them off from spawning more.)

    Laura Castellano wrote:

    > I want kitty cats :) You know what I'd like
    > to see after Nightlife? A Sim-Farm type EP. In
    > Sims 1 I used to always play farm families that
    > lived off their crops in Unleashed. I had the
    > chickens you could dl from PerSimmon Grove, and
    > lots of countrified furniture. Pioneer families
    > were my big thing. But I'd like to see horses,
    > cows the sims can milk, all that farmish stuff.

    Yes! Chickens cooing all over the place laying eggs, vegetables, fruit
    trees... Survival Sim!

    T.

    We feed ours kale for greens, spinach and sometimes other greens-- but he
    is really picky. He also gets summer squash or zucchini, rasberries or
    strawberries (blackberries when in season)...he really likes nectarines
    and kiwi fruit (but you have to watch for too many seeds)--let's see... he
    eats carrots, grapes, bananas, celery, green peppers (on ocassion)...

    Just about any fruit or veggie really. Crickets and dog food are horrible
    because iguanas are not meant to take in animal protiens. They are
    vegetarians and their systems become taxed if they get too much protien.
    BUT..if you have an ig who isn't eating it is sometimes ok to give them
    scrambled eggs with shells mixed in. Just to get some nutrition into them.

    I would never use the iguana food or pellets sold commercially.

    If you normally eat loads of fruits and veggies (like my family) then it's
    not any more on your grocery bill. But if you don't, they can become
    rather costly to maintain. Some people also use frozen veggies...I just
    thought of that.

    Anyway, they are not as easy as they may seem. And when it's mating
    season for males (like right now at our pad) you don't even want to think
    about keeping one. My little guy (he is small from his disease) is
    normally quite awesome....lately he is so aggressive no one will go near
    him.

    If you have the time, patience, money (we just shelled out another $140 to
    make him a smaller cage to stay with my sister for a week) then they can
    make some cool pets. I would always recommend researching any type of
    lizard or exotic before purchasing. Like with igs, you have to wash your
    hands after handling (no matter how clean they are) because they tend to
    carry salmonella (sp?).

    Anyway...probably more info than you wanted. LOL

    Dianna

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:30:11 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Wow, I had no idea! What are iguanas *supposed* to eat?
    >
    > Laura

    Yeah and the dry pellets don't hold as much nutritional value as fresh
    fruits and veggies. Your knowledge is pretty good actually, you know a
    lot more than most about ig care. :-)

    As for crickets and such...igs aren't meant to take in animal protiens.
    Their livers and kidneys cannot take it. That is why my other ig died of
    improper nutrition. When we got her she was 5, so five years of poor
    diet. We fed her correctly, gave her proper housing and lights...even
    took her outside for walks (she loved to lay in the front window)...and
    she still only lived about 3 years for us. The vet said, had we not taken
    her in, she would not have lived another year. Poor thing. She was the
    coolest iguana too.

    Dianna

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:29:32 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >Those are all excellent ideas and I agree completely. Horses, cows, llamas,
    >dogs, cats, rabbits, pigs and chickens would be nice. New plants is
    >something I long for. I'm getting awfully tired of the limited selection of

    I came upon a site just the other day, that had some outdoor plants...
    *checks downloads folder*

    I think it was Fantasy Sims. *goes to look*

    Turns out there are a whole lot of sites named that... ack... oh wait,
    here it is! In fact, he added stuff just yesterday!

    http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm

    >outdoor plants and trees we've got. I want tall thin cedars or poplars to
    >line driveways with,. Larger rose bushes and hydrangeas. Junipers! Maple
    >trees! Redwoods! Larch! The Mighty Scotch Pine! LOL

    Well, maybe that will help hold you for a little bit... outdoor plants
    are really hard to come accross :-(

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 16:29:32 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Those are all excellent ideas and I agree completely. Horses, cows,
    >> llamas, dogs, cats, rabbits, pigs and chickens would be nice. New
    >> plants is something I long for. I'm getting awfully tired of the
    >> limited selection of
    >
    > I came upon a site just the other day, that had some outdoor plants...
    > *checks downloads folder*
    >
    > I think it was Fantasy Sims. *goes to look*
    >
    > Turns out there are a whole lot of sites named that... ack... oh wait,
    > here it is! In fact, he added stuff just yesterday!
    >
    > http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm
    >
    >> outdoor plants and trees we've got. I want tall thin cedars or
    >> poplars to line driveways with,. Larger rose bushes and
    >> hydrangeas. Junipers! Maple trees! Redwoods! Larch! The Mighty
    >> Scotch Pine! LOL
    >
    > Well, maybe that will help hold you for a little bit... outdoor plants
    > are really hard to come accross :-(

    Already been there, Guardian! LOL

    Jeanie

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:28:22 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Yes! Yes! I'm so on board for this! Now if
    >they would only listen. I remember playing Sim Farm,
    >way back when. It was always my favorite Sim until
    >I got The Sims, then Unleashed was my favorite
    >EP. I wanna be a llama rancher! LOL

    LOL... I love the fact that I can farm, farm big, and do so without
    putting my arm halfway inside a cow's butt, or smell any of that
    fertilizer... or be a hick! :-)

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:47:56 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

    >Yes! Chickens cooing all over the place laying eggs, vegetables, fruit
    >trees... Survival Sim!

    That would be COOL! But how would they bills!? lol...

    I'd make a whole lot with fruit trees and just lots of naked people
    running around, eating and frolicking!!! LOL

    And... fishing! Like Vacation, only, you can eat em hehe and the
    occasional shoe you can wear LOL... and make your own clothes from
    bamboo! And spinning threads like MM :-)

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:47:56 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
    >
    >> Yes! Chickens cooing all over the place laying eggs, vegetables,
    >> fruit trees... Survival Sim!
    >
    > That would be COOL! But how would they bills!? lol...

    They could sell the excess fruit and veggies, of course, plus they can
    already sell their paintings. I want the canning stove, too. Sell
    preserves. Can they sell their novels? I don't think I've ever had anyone
    actually finish one yet.

    > I'd make a whole lot with fruit trees and just lots of naked people
    > running around, eating and frolicking!!! LOL

    Garden of Eden sims!

    > And... fishing! Like Vacation, only, you can eat em hehe and the
    > occasional shoe you can wear LOL... and make your own clothes from
    > bamboo! And spinning threads like MM :-)

    I would like to see sims be able to sew or knit or something. They could
    gain skill points in creativity and logic from it, too.

    Jeanie

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:31:14 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I'm with you, Jeanie! For all of it!

    Well, Maxis tend to listen to their fans and... it's kind of earie how
    they've mirrored some of the things posted on this group in the past.
    I wouldn't be surprised if a farming EP *did* come out... it's also
    one of the most popular themes in the community.

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:54:27 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >Bigfoot.

    There's a comedian named Mitch Hedberg, who's got his own theory on
    bigfoot.

    "Bigfoot IS blurry. That's the problem! It's not the photographer's
    fault!"

    Cracks me up every time... simpleton as I am :-)

    I LOVE Mitch Hedberg! LOL

    (not literally)

    Dianna

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:08:01 +0200, Guardian Pegasus

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:20:56 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

    >Already been there, Guardian! LOL

    LOL, you've just vacuumed the whole net for garden stuff, huh? Got any
    other good sources? :-)

    BTW, the site was updated with a new collection yesterday.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:20:56 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Already been there, Guardian! LOL
    >
    > LOL, you've just vacuumed the whole net for garden stuff, huh? Got any
    > other good sources? :-)
    >
    > BTW, the site was updated with a new collection yesterday.

    I was there yesterday and got it, too. LOL

    There aren't too many sources for outdoor plants out there. I downloaded
    some early on but they were just recolors of the originals and most of them
    flashed blue in the neighborhood screen so I got rid of them. Alas.

    Jeanie

    k-n-d wrote:

    > I LOVE Mitch Hedberg! LOL

    He will be missed. He never did reach as far as I think he could have.

    -georg

    Jeanie wrote:

    > They could sell the excess fruit and veggies, of course, plus they can
    > already sell their paintings. I want the canning stove, too. Sell
    > preserves. Can they sell their novels? I don't think I've ever had anyone
    > actually finish one yet.

    They can, but it takes a heckuva long time to finish one, and then
    the payoff isn't that great. Something like 2000 simoleons if your
    creativity is maxed out. You're better off to sell paintings.

    Laura

    k-n-d wrote:

    > Anyway...probably more info than you wanted. LOL
    >
    > Dianna

    No, it's really very interesting! I can only keep
    cats and children alive. Terrible record with fish
    and birds, so I didn't even try anything more exotic.
    But things like this are always fascinating, thank you!

    Laura

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > There's a comedian named Mitch Hedberg, who's got his own theory on
    > bigfoot.
    >
    > "Bigfoot IS blurry. That's the problem! It's not the photographer's
    > fault!"
    >
    > Cracks me up every time... simpleton as I am :-)

    LOL Well that's a new theory!

    Laura

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > Well, Maxis tend to listen to their fans and... it's kind of earie how
    > they've mirrored some of the things posted on this group in the past.
    > I wouldn't be surprised if a farming EP *did* come out... it's also
    > one of the most popular themes in the community.

    I had no idea until this thread that so many people
    shared my interest in it! Just figured I was a weirdo...

    Laura

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:47:56 +0200, "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl>
    > wrote:
    >> Yes! Chickens cooing all over the place laying eggs, vegetables,
    >> fruit trees... Survival Sim!
    > That would be COOL! But how would they bills!? lol...

    No bills. The trick is not to starve :-)

    > And... fishing! Like Vacation, only, you can eat em hehe and the
    > occasional shoe you can wear LOL... and make your own clothes from
    > bamboo! And spinning threads like MM :-)

    Sheep for wool! And you'd have to chop your own trees to built houses
    from! Oh man... I can SO see it.

    T.

    k-n-d wrote:

    > Anyway...probably more info than you wanted. LOL

    I like it. How big is an iguana? And what happens when they get
    aggressive, do they bite?

    T.

    I actually wanted an Unleased type expansion before Nightlife, but oh well.
    I've love to see the regular dogs and cats, but different types of birds,
    reptiles, ferrets (of course, since I have three), rodents (rats, hamsters,
    guinea pigs), and rabbits. It would be great to have cows and horses and
    maybe even llamas too. :) Somebody else had the idea of the animals
    growing up too, and that would be great! I hated the fact that the dogs
    never looked the right size. A great dane should be great dane sized!!
    Anyhoo, it sure would be nice if Maxis listened to us on this one!
    Everybody has such great ideas!!

    Holly

    in message news:php7a152kuf5kdo9043gapg7qv90o80mkh@4ax.com...

    Laura Castellano wrote:

    > Jeanie wrote:
    >> They could sell the excess fruit and veggies, of course, plus they
    >> can already sell their paintings. I want the canning stove, too.
    >> Sell preserves. Can they sell their novels? I don't think I've
    >> ever had anyone actually finish one yet.
    > They can, but it takes a heckuva long time to finish one, and then
    > the payoff isn't that great. Something like 2000 simoleons if your
    > creativity is maxed out. You're better off to sell paintings.

    Which is more fun to watch, too.

    T.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:54:27 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    > <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Bigfoot.
    >

    > There's a comedian named Mitch Hedberg, who's got his own theory on
    > bigfoot.
    >
    > "Bigfoot IS blurry. That's the problem! It's not the photographer's
    > fault!"

    Pretty good. Gotta remember that one.

    --
    --Cuth

    Jeanie wrote:
    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >
    >>1) What animals would you like to see if Maxis make an Unleashed-type
    >>expansion?
    >>
    >>2) What interactions would you like to have with them?
    >>

    > Farm animals. Cows we can milk, horses we can ride, pigs that root in the
    > mud

    ....And human, um, interactions with them! I need something for my
    Arkansas Sims to do! ;-) ;-)

    --
    --Cuth

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > Jeanie wrote:
    >> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >>
    >>> 1) What animals would you like to see if Maxis make an
    >>> Unleashed-type expansion?
    >>>
    >>> 2) What interactions would you like to have with them?
    >>>

    >> Farm animals. Cows we can milk, horses we can ride, pigs that root
    >> in the mud
    >
    > ...And human, um, interactions with them! I need something for my
    > Arkansas Sims to do! ;-) ;-)

    I don't EVEN want to know what those interactions are.

    Jeanie

    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >> Jeanie wrote:

    >>> Farm animals. Cows we can milk, horses we can ride, pigs that root
    >>> in the mud
    >>
    >> ...And human, um, interactions with them! I need something for my
    >> Arkansas Sims to do! ;-) ;-)
    >
    > I don't EVEN want to know what those interactions are.
    >
    > Jeanie

    YYYYEEEWWWWWW!!!!
    Kristen

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:49:43 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I had no idea until this thread that so many people
    >shared my interest in it! Just figured I was a weirdo...

    Oh no, we're all weirdoes, honey :-D LOL

    Long before Unleashed and Makin Magic simmers had been creating
    work-at-home objects... beekeepers, fisheries, chicken egglayeries,
    you name it!

    And farming is still a big deal in a lot of people's lives. It ought
    to be part of a life simulator :-)

Sims Games Video Games