Are these 2 things compatible?

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Hey guys Im building a new computer,

Is this motherboard http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-168-GI&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=1377 compatible with this RAM http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-165-OC&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1387 , because I noticed the mobo supports 1.5v ram and the RAM is 1.65v

Another thing Im getting Antec 300 with the mobo I listed above and Xigmatek Dark Knight, just wanna know if the Xigmatek Dark Knight will with onto my motherboard and will the whole thing fit in my Antec 300?
Another thing which way should my fan on my heatsink face?

tecmo34

Administrator

Just a reminder... here is the same info. I provided in your other thread... Need advice on my new AMD 940 GAMING RIG about the components fitting into the Antec 300

Wire's PC
20p25mu.png

vis213's PC
080408182800ns3.jpg

You can go to this website and see more pictures... http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/365540-antec-300-900-1200-owners-thread.html

Based on the two pictures I provided, it looks like the Xigmatek Dark Knight's fan is turned toward the top of the case, so the air flows out of the top of the case.

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Yea I was just a bit worried, about the xigmateks fan, I bought a 120mm fans and placed it on the side panel so that the air is blowing in, and also the top fan and back fan are blowing air out, so in which direction would it make the most sense to place my xigmatek dark knight fan IN? also the 2 front 120mm fans are blowing air in if that makes any difference to the position of my Xigmatek Dark Knights fan.

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Another question,

my specs
AMD 955
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
OCZ Platinum AMD Edition 4GB
XFX XXX HD 4870 1gb
1 DVD/CD drive
1 500GB HDD
Antec 300 (2 fans) + 3 120mm fans

I was planning on getting a 750W because I wanted to crossfire the 4870 in the future, but the DX11 are coming out soon so I decided not to crossfire the 4870, so I dont know if I should get the 650W or 750W and will 750W be enought to power up the future DX11 video card crossfire?

Another thing what RAM (prefebly cheeper) do you recommend instead of the one I listed above

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
OK, but is there like a significant difference between 650W PSU and 750 PSU....by significant differance I mean like the difference bettwen single video card and crossfire/SLI

The only way to answer that is to educate you about power supplies. You can get that knowledge by reading the section in my guide on PSUs, then following the links there.

There is a lot more to power supplies than wattage. They are complicated devices.

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I think I worded that question incorectly. by significant differance I mean the differance between the 650W supporting single video card and the 750W supporting crossfire

Edit: Or let me word it this way, keeping in mind the parts I listed above, will Corsair 650W we enough to power up 2 4870's in Crossfire?
and what GPU combination would you say would push the Corsair 650W and PC P&C 750W to its limits?

While you can technically put two 4870s on a Corsair 650TX, I would not recommend it. The 650TX is best left to CF 4850s.

The PC P&C 750W or the Corsair 750TX will run CF 4870s fine, even if they are overclocked. Also SLI GTX 260 core 216s.

CF 4890s might be OK for the 750W units, but I would prefer the 850Ws for those, especially if overclocked.

Those are my margins for everything. If you go to the Corsair site, they have a little calculator that will tell you what they prefer:
http://www.corsair.com/

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Ill just get the 750W for now just to be on the safe side, and I can always upgrade my PSU as it does not affect the rest of my components as much.

Another quick questions I just got a Xigmatek Dark Knight should the fan be sucking the hot air out of the heatsink or blowing cold air into the heatsink?

kronik2k

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
klasher, got my pc, took me 4 hours to build but fans wont work lol i think i got wiring mixed up :O:O:O:O:O:O :'( manual is gay.

tecmo34

Administrator
It should be blowing cold air into the heatsink.

Look at my picture....

ComputerPic5.jpg

You can always add another fan on the back side of the heatsink that sucks the hot air out if you have the room. It is an option to increase your cooling.

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
kronik2k... DAM 4 hours, probobly gonna take me like 3 days to built my lol, sry bout the fans man dont know what I can do to help =/.... the AMD 955 just droped my 10 pounds its 149 now..... I think... gonna order it this weekend with my PSU and the rest of my parts the weekend after that.... cause my dad got some major payments to do this weekend.

tecmo34.... Yea, my antec 300 has a fan in the back and a fan at the top that suck hot air out so I think Im gonna place my CPU fan towards the front of my case and screw it in so it blows cold air in. Just like yours........I think.

kronik2k

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
LMFAO ! Its 149 now lmfao ?

Sad.

Got fans working lol, just hope I've set this beast up right !

U should see how big my case is Ive got the antec 902 it looks evil, + the 4890 is as long as my foot lol + Im size 10 !!

Also got an asus 22" HD LCD lolol all wireless in my bedroom...

Just waiting for Windows 7 64 or xp 64 to download which ever first will go in it !

I r so happy now.

Nice way to waste a grand lol.

Argh my house so messy now got like 2000 screws on the floor n room stacked up with boxes :mad: !

Tecmo, your wires own mine lololol, mine looks like a T800 shot in the head.

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
mhh... I hope everything will fit in my case cause its smaller than yours. Let me know how you games run.

Im getting the LG 22" FULL HD =) 155 pounds... good deal

I would use the windows 7 over the Xp cause I was told that xp doesnt support DX10 or something like that, anyone Im still gonna have to download my =/

Just got my 3 120mm fans installed in my antec 300 and tried it out with my PSU from my other computer...very sexy, couldnt stop starring at it =]

I like to keep my room clean =) altough it never is. Probobly gonna burn all my boxes lol... jk Might squeeze them in my closet or just shove em in my corner.

kronik2k

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Start downloading win 7 now, ya don't wanna be like me stuck here on my old pc with a giant 22" monitor lol.

This monitor is gonna destroy my eyeballs I swear to god ! Its too wide lol !

llololol yeah the led's just suck you in don't they haha

Just cleaned teh room... You should see how high my pile of garments is lol.

win 7 = 17% done....

Might just install XP 32bit on it till win7 downloads...

Ye I bought Dawn of War 2 today so I'll let u know !

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I might buy my 22" a week or 2 after I build my computer so ima just gonna use my dads 20" TV before I get my 22".

Yea lol 20" are just too small for me and the 22" feel a bit too big, it be good if they had like 21"s....

How much space does win 7 take up?

Couple quick questions
What PSU u got?
and are you planning on overclocking and if you are to what extent, cause I probobly will as soon as i get my rig build and are you gonna crossfire that 4890?

This is proly a silly questions but I just cant sleep without knowing the answer, when you first turn on your PC do you wait for something to pop up and than you put your CD with your operationg system or do have to click somewhere and than u put ur cd in or what? and are you downloading your drives or are you gonna install them form your CD's

tecmo34

Administrator
Kronik2k... Thanks for the comment on my cable mgmt. Just don't ask me to take off my side panel behind my MOBO. :) The cables might jump out & hit you!! LOL. When I installed my computed, I ran all my PSU cables through the bottom opening before installing the cables. Next, I plugged my wires back through the case and left the extra cables there to organize & hide behind the side panel.

K1ash3r... When you install all your parts and boot up the first time, you go into your BIOS and select to boot from CD, install your CD in your drive & hit F10 to save and boot from the drive.

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
.....wtf -_- I just finished downloading Windows 7 and when I try to burn it onto a DVD with Active ISO Burner I get some gay error... Which program did you use to burn yours?

edit: I tried it with my othe ISO files and they worked fine, so the problem must be with the win7.iso.. I quess Im just gonna redownload win7 and see if the helps.

kronik2k

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
OMG pc up + running swiftly lol !

Have a look at comments on the torrent see if anyone else had problems ? Did they ?

Also try another ISO burner, I suggest this as it can burn bootable discs ( so you can install OS on a fresh drive ) ---> http://ImgBurn.com

If you need a good phr33 OS get this its XP 64 bit very good + I'll seed 4 j00 ---> http://www.mininova.org/tor/2672430

Re downloading will help too !

GL BRO !

Tecmo;

Yeah lol I think the side panel on mine looks a mess too at least its hidden away from naked eye lol, time to install Dawn of War 2 r o f l.
BTW you play any games ?
this 1920 1080 res hurts my eyes lol

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Yea Ill try everything to get this stupid thing working..What PSU u got?
and are you planning on overclocking and if you are to what extent, cause I probobly will as soon as i get my rig build and are you gonna crossfire that 4890

kronik2k

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
O soz didn't see ur post lol, was like 2am or something lol, err I got this 700w one instead of that 750w due to the fact its cheaper + idk much about PSU's lol.
--> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-032-OC&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=1098

I dunno about overclocking it seems fast enough as it is lol plays dawn of war 2 max settings at like 30-70 fps ( 30 in big battles ) plus when I overclocked my old pc it started to mash up lol, don't wanna risk anything with this one !

Doubt I'll crossfire this 4890 cuz PSU won't be able to handle 2 4890s I think but ! I'll be Xfiring before I overclock !

Plus this Mobo got some nice OC software :p looks smexi.

P.S win 7 is like 5.5GB <3

Need a dvd r disc to burn !