Price drop in november?

gaber

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
So i've been reading several threads in this forum, and some people have mentioned that there would be a price drop for AMD in november/end of november.

I'd like to ask if that's actually true, and for what reason? So far the only reasons I've seen mentioned is AMD slashing the prices in conjunction with the new GPUs, and black friday(which doesn't apply to every country). Just wanted to confirm as I plan to grab an x3, but if it's actually true I might just wait till november and grab an x4 instead.

Solution
Christmas holiday season.
Black Friday deals.
New products introduced (for Christmas season) forcing down older products prices.
Yeah, November is a great time to look for deals.

gaber

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
Well know that generally prices drop a little after each month, but what I've heard was that the prices for AMD chips will get slashed by a significant margin, more than the usual drop seen over time.

DariusT

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Prices in britian for a PH II 965 are nearly the same as an i5 750. with the phenom about 5-10 quid more expensive(which will get you like a curry and a beer). We expecting it to fall even more?

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Christmas holiday season.
Black Friday deals.
New products introduced (for Christmas season) forcing down older products prices.
Yeah, November is a great time to look for deals.

Solution