Miocro sd card changed to raw format and i want it back

sweetguy044

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Hello,
my phone or laptop changed my 2 gb kingston microsd card to raw format and is not being recognised now. i want the card back, may the data may get lost as it is gift from my deary and she is sentimental about it

Sounds like a corrupted partition on the microsd card. You will need to try some data recovery/ undelete tools, and scan the microsd card.
I have used Active@Undelete for hard drives, I dont know if it will work on flash based media, but I imagine it would, however it is not free. If the data is that valuable you might want to take it to a local recovery business, as if the data recovery/restoration if done wrong you could permanently lose it all.

What ever you do dont format the card!

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Yes, don't format the card!! That will get rid of whatever you may be able to recover. As for flash based storage, I have never had good luck with recovering data from them...you can try, but rarely will you be able to get as much as you can from a hdd. You may want to try and find a local business that can recover your information for you...they know a lot more and have more powerful tools for data recovery.