Sign in with
Your question

Will a Thermalright Silver Arrow fit in a P182

Last response: in Overclocking
July 7, 2011 11:35:18 PM

I'm looking for something to cool my i5 2500k in my Antec P182 case but all indications from the Whirlpool thread say it (Silver Arrow) doesn't fit right (bulges door). Has this been the case for you guys if you have already tried it? I saw one post where a guy had to dremel out his door to get it to fit, but that's not something I prefer. The mobo is an Asus P8P67 Pro and I'm using G.Skill's Sniper low profile heatsink RAM so not worried about RAM clearance.

I'm really looking for something QUIET but good enough to keep my sub-70c for 4Ghz+. QUIET... ;)  I don't prefer water cooling solutions either... even though I know I can get a Corsair H60 for $54 AR right now.. and I know Noctua NH-D14 is an alternative, but it's not as quiet as I'd like.

Need to know before tomorrow! :??: 

Sorry if this has been answered already. Search only brings up the things I've talked about but I'm crossing my fingers that someone out there has made it work!
a c 291 K Overclocking
July 8, 2011 4:42:56 AM

Hi and welcome to Tom's forum.

Here is some interesting info.

Heatsink Dimensions: Length 147mm x Width 123mm x Height 160mm
Case Dimensions: 514 mm (H) x 205 mm (W) x 507 mm (D)

The cooler fit without problems inside the case.
m
l
July 8, 2011 5:43:10 AM

Thanks for the info.

I actually have that info on hand already and there are problems with those values. The cooler is SUPPOSEDLY actually 167mm and the 205mm value is actually only for the EXTERIOR of the case. The inside of the case looks to be 167mm exactly, BUT the case door looks to go into the 167mm by about 2mm and the cpu is another 5mm, giving me exactly 160mm of space to use. BUT, I did see someone mention that the 167mm height was due to the tops of the heat pipes, but they are varied (some are up to 168mm, some lower than 167mm).

Just wanted to verify some real world use from folks with the P180/182/183 cases.
m
l
a c 291 K Overclocking
July 8, 2011 7:46:15 PM

Where do you read that?
m
l
!