Sign in with
Your question

Asus P5N-D problem

Last response: in Windows XP
December 8, 2011 7:38:48 PM

I'm having problems with the BIOS and installing Win XP, I noticed it keeps asking me "to wait a moment as it finishes installing Win XP OS" Everytime it finishes installing the OS Win XP it crashes and reboots and does it over and over...

I tried to go through Bios mainframe and try to update the bios by downloading the Bios through a different PC and installing it by CD-drive.

There were several BIOS update I think I saw a beta so I didn't want to touch that and installed a P5N-D BIOS 1301 version... but it kept doing the same thing... so I was trying to install other BIOS version but it said it wouldn't downgrade BIOS version LOL...

But I'm speculating/second guessing if the Win XP finish installation and it crashes I presume it could be the hard drive that's at fault...?!

More about : asus p5n problem

December 8, 2011 9:50:36 PM

RockyPhilip said:
I'm having problems with the BIOS and installing Win XP, I noticed it keeps asking me "to wait a moment as it finishes installing Win XP OS" Everytime it finishes installing the OS Win XP it crashes and reboots and does it over and over...

I tried to go through Bios mainframe and try to update the bios by downloading the Bios through a different PC and installing it by CD-drive.

There were several BIOS update I think I saw a beta so I didn't want to touch that and installed a P5N-D BIOS 1301 version... but it kept doing the same thing... so I was trying to install other BIOS version but it said it wouldn't downgrade BIOS version LOL...

But I'm speculating/second guessing if the Win XP finish installation and it crashes I presume it could be the hard drive that's at fault...?!

Yes, and it might also be a memory problem, or simple driver problem, or.......
and, throwing a bios upgrade into the mix, well who knows ? !

You can remove the reference to "Setup" in the boot.ini file to stop the auto rebooting, then go from there, but if you can't get into safe mode at all, have to reformat & try install again.
m
l
!