Sims DMA downloads

I decided to become a member and download all the material from the Sims
dma site (the WooHoo Sims and workers, etc.) When I was a non-member
and just downloaded the basic items for free, they came with their own
custom installer; I just clicked on it and it installed the items.

These new downloads come in a format that launches PictureIt! Obviously
that won't launch the files. When I change the format to Sims Body Shop
Installer, it tells me to double-click on a custom package to install
its content--but that's what I *am* doing! When I try launching it as a
RAR file, it says it doesn't read that file format or the file is
damaged. (I sincerely doubt that last part.)

So how do I access these?

--
--Cuth
11 answers Last reply

    What is the format?

    Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    > I decided to become a member and download all the material from the
    > Sims dma site (the WooHoo Sims and workers, etc.) When I was a
    > non-member and just downloaded the basic items for free, they came
    > with their own custom installer; I just clicked on it and it
    > installed the items.
    >
    > These new downloads come in a format that launches PictureIt!
    > Obviously that won't launch the files. When I change the format to
    > Sims Body Shop Installer, it tells me to double-click on a custom
    > package to install its content--but that's what I *am* doing! When I
    > try launching it as a RAR file, it says it doesn't read that file
    > format or the file is damaged. (I sincerely doubt that last part.)
    >
    > So how do I access these?

    I have no idea. Have you tried contacting the creator through the website?

    Jeanie

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > What is the format?

    PictureIt.

    --
    --Cuth

    The format is *.pictureit ?
    Sorry I guess I meant extension when I said format.

    Jeanie wrote:
    > Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
    >
    >>I decided to become a member and download all the material from the
    >>Sims dma site (the WooHoo Sims and workers, etc.) When I was a
    >>non-member and just downloaded the basic items for free, they came
    >>with their own custom installer; I just clicked on it and it
    >>installed the items.
    >>
    >>These new downloads come in a format that launches PictureIt!
    >>Obviously that won't launch the files. When I change the format to
    >>Sims Body Shop Installer, it tells me to double-click on a custom
    >>package to install its content--but that's what I *am* doing! When I
    >>try launching it as a RAR file, it says it doesn't read that file
    >>format or the file is damaged. (I sincerely doubt that last part.)
    >>
    >>So how do I access these?
    >

    > I have no idea. Have you tried contacting the creator through the website?

    Yes I have. But I posted here too, because it's free! :-)

    --
    --Cuth

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:37:02 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I decided to become a member and download all the material from the Sims
    >dma site (the WooHoo Sims and workers, etc.) When I was a non-member
    >and just downloaded the basic items for free, they came with their own
    >custom installer; I just clicked on it and it installed the items.

    I was contemplating it myself after installing it, but yesterday the
    DMA NPCs crashed my computer. THREE times. Never ever get into a
    relationship with any of those employees... :-( The problem is it can
    happen atonomously.

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:37:02 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I decided to become a member and download all the material from the Sims
    >dma site (the WooHoo Sims and workers, etc.) When I was a non-member
    >and just downloaded the basic items for free, they came with their own
    >custom installer; I just clicked on it and it installed the items.

    If you downloaded everything from the VIP members page, everything
    come with installers and they check the game for previous versions and
    delete them. They are .exe files. The latest workers set is named
    dmaWorkersSet_140fs.exe

    >I was contemplating it myself after installing it, but yesterday the
    >DMA NPCs crashed my computer. THREE times. Never ever get into a
    >relationship with any of those employees... :-( The problem is it can
    >happen atonomously.

    Strange, are you using the latest version? They have never crashed my
    computer, the only time there is a problem is when one of them gets
    electrocuted trying to fix something. Then everything stop moving,
    using the cheat dismiss visitors fixes this problem. Perhaps another
    of your hacks interfere with them?

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:59:54 +0200, Strider <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote:

    >Strange, are you using the latest version? They have never crashed my
    >computer, the only time there is a problem is when one of them gets

    The very latest. Downloaded it just the other day.

    >electrocuted trying to fix something. Then everything stop moving,
    >using the cheat dismiss visitors fixes this problem. Perhaps another
    >of your hacks interfere with them?

    I tried removing all of them, same result :-\

    Well,I solved the mystery.

    Seems like gthe solution is to simply use IE Explorer as the browser
    when downloading. I was using Mozilla and couldn't get the files in any
    form that made sense to my computer. When I used Explorer I had no problem.

    Strange, but whatever...

    --
    --Cuth

    Oh I had the same problem on my other user acct with firefox and rar files.
    But for some reason they worked fine on my main user acct.

    > Well,I solved the mystery.
    >
    > Seems like gthe solution is to simply use IE Explorer as the browser when
    > downloading. I was using Mozilla and couldn't get the files in any form
    > that made sense to my computer. When I used Explorer I had no problem.
    >
    > Strange, but whatever...
    >

    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >> The format is *.pictureit ?
    >> Sorry I guess I meant extension when I said format.
    >>
    >> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    >>>PictureIt.

    >>>--
    >>>--Cuth