I don't think this post took the first time...

....So here goes again. Just some general Univ. questions. I hope I
remember them all again...

1. How do I make my college Sims write terms papers and do assignments?
For term papers it says to click on any computer and the "College/Do
termpaper" option will appear, but it doesn't for my Sims in their
apartment.

2. Can I see my Sims inside a class, or do they just walk off the screen
to go there?

3. How do you use the new stove in the game? I can't get it to work.
Even when I sent a Sim to the refrigerator she walked next door to an
apartment bldg that had a convetional stove to cook.

4. Do all Sims have to buy their own cell phone or can one member of a
household go get phones for everyone in some sort of "family plan"? And
will Catherine Zeta Jones sell them the phones?

5. Are the dorms populated? They don't have little green diamonds
floating over them, and when I went into one in build mode is was
deserted. Do other Sims just magically appear when I move my Sims to
the dorms?

I know there's more, but that's all i can think of right now. Thx.

--
--Cuth

"1. . How do I make my college Sims write terms papers and do
assignments?
For term papers it says to click on any computer and the "College/Do
termpaper" option will appear, but it doesn't for my Sims in their
apartment. "

The Alienware computer doesn't work for University functions - possibly
because it's a pre-Uni Maxis download. Any other computer should be
fine.

"2. Can I see my Sims inside a class, or do they just walk off the
screen
to go there? "

They just walk off screen and come back a couple hours later. Just
like work!

"3. How do you use the new stove in the game? I can't get it to work.
Even when I sent a Sim to the refrigerator she walked next door to an
apartment bldg that had a convetional stove to cook. "

Is that the Shiny Time (or however it's spelt?) stove? I think that
one only works with certain types of food.

"4. Do all Sims have to buy their own cell phone or can one member of a

household go get phones for everyone in some sort of "family plan"?
And
will Catherine Zeta Jones sell them the phones? "

They all have to buy their own.

"5. Are the dorms populated? They don't have little green diamonds
floating over them, and when I went into one in build mode is was
deserted. Do other Sims just magically appear when I move my Sims to
the dorms? "

When you move in your Sims, the appropriate number of townie sims will
move in after - this gives you time to pick the best room etc.

~*~
vecki

Ah yah, I remembered another question I'd had...

I remember some of you saying you put the items in your downloads
folders in subfolders to mark what they were and where they came from,
so you could weed them out later if need be. I tried that with some
newly downloaded stuff, but it didn't appear in the game till I took it
out and put it just in the regular downloads folder. Seems items in
nested folders won't appear. Did anyone else have this problem?

--
--Cuth

> ...So here goes again. Just some general Univ. questions. I hope I
> remember them all again...
>
> 1. How do I make my college Sims write terms papers and do assignments?
> For term papers it says to click on any computer and the "College/Do
> termpaper" option will appear, but it doesn't for my Sims in their
> apartment.

There must be a computer for this option to be available.

> 2. Can I see my Sims inside a class, or do they just walk off the screen
> to go there?

They walk off the screen

> 3. How do you use the new stove in the game? I can't get it to work.
> Even when I sent a Sim to the refrigerator she walked next door to an
> apartment bldg that had a convetional stove to cook.

The new stove has no oven. Are you trying to cook things that need an oven
componenent?

> 4. Do all Sims have to buy their own cell phone or can one member of a
> household go get phones for everyone in some sort of "family plan"? And
> will Catherine Zeta Jones sell them the phones?

They have to buy their own or you can boolprop to get them one.

> 5. Are the dorms populated? They don't have little green diamonds
> floating over them, and when I went into one in build mode is was
> deserted. Do other Sims just magically appear when I move my Sims to
> the dorms?

They become populated after you move your Sims into them, and if you later
move in more Sims then some of the NPC's move out.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

Madame Mim wrote:
> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>...So here goes again. Just some general Univ. questions. I hope I
>>remember them all again...
>>
>>1. How do I make my college Sims write terms papers and do assignments?
>> For term papers it says to click on any computer and the "College/Do
>>termpaper" option will appear, but it doesn't for my Sims in their
>>apartment.
>

> There must be a computer for this option to be available.

Obvously. But as I said, the option does not appear on any computer for
my college Sims.

>>3. How do you use the new stove in the game? I can't get it to work.
>>Even when I sent a Sim to the refrigerator she walked next door to an
>>apartment bldg that had a convetional stove to cook.
>

> The new stove has no oven. Are you trying to cook things that need an oven
> componenent?

No.

>>4. Do all Sims have to buy their own cell phone or can one member of a
>>household go get phones for everyone in some sort of "family plan"? And
>>will Catherine Zeta Jones sell them the phones?
>

> They have to buy their own or you can boolprop to get them one.

How do you do that? What's the cheat code?

Thx.

--
--Cuth

I can't remember whether or not you use hacks, but I
had the problem of not getting the option to write
the term paper when I started up my game this evening.
I had only last night added the hack from MTS2 that
allows sims to study at the computer. Took that hack
out, and all worked correctly again. Just a thought...

Laura

Laura Castellano wrote:
> I can't remember whether or not you use hacks, but I
> had the problem of not getting the option to write
> the term paper when I started up my game this evening.
> I had only last night added the hack from MTS2 that
> allows sims to study at the computer. Took that hack
> out, and all worked correctly again. Just a thought...
>
> Laura

Hmmm...could be a hack, though I don't have that one.

Thanks.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

>> There must be a computer for this option to be available.
>
> Obvously. But as I said, the option does not appear on any computer
> for my college Sims.

Use the boring original computer. The option doesn't appear on some kinds of
computers.

Gareeth

Gareeth wrote:

> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>>>There must be a computer for this option to be available.
>>
>>Obvously. But as I said, the option does not appear on any computer
>>for my college Sims.
>>

> Use the boring original computer. The option doesn't appear on some kinds of
> computers.
>
> Gareeth

Yes, you have to use the cheap stuff, because "that's all a college
student can afford"

Using that logic, college students don't have good enough computers to
run the University expansion. Hello, Irony?

-georg

georg wrote:
> Gareeth wrote:

>>> Obvously. But as I said, the option does not appear on any computer
>>> for my college Sims.
>>>

>> Use the boring original computer. The option doesn't appear on some
>> kinds of computers.
>>
>> Gareeth
>>

> Yes, you have to use the cheap stuff, because "that's all a college
> student can afford"
>
> Using that logic, college students don't have good enough computers to
> run the University expansion. Hello, Irony?
>
> -georg

I haven't tried it with the Alienware computer, but my
sims can write term papers on the Little Sister computer.

Laura

Cuth and Madame said:

"> >>4. Do all Sims have to buy their own cell phone or can one member
of a
> >>household go get phones for everyone in some sort of "family plan"? And
> >>will Catherine Zeta Jones sell them the phones?

> > They have to buy their own or you can boolprop to get them one.

> How do you do that? What's the cheat code? "

Or you could use the DMA teleport. I tell you I LOVE this object.

~*~
vecki

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> ...So here goes again. Just some general Univ. questions. I hope I
> remember them all again...
>
> 1. How do I make my college Sims write terms papers and do
> assignments? For term papers it says to click on any computer and
> the "College/Do termpaper" option will appear, but it doesn't for my
> Sims in their apartment.

Nobody answered the first part of your question. You click on the active
sim and choose "college -- do assignment" to do the assignment. Keep your
eye on them, though. It's just like homework always is and sometimes they
don't finish it in one go. You'll usually see notebooks laying around on
desks and tables in your dorms and if you click on them, they will tell you
who's assignment it is.

I haven't had any college sims live outside the dorms so I can't help you on
the computer or cooking question. Move them into a dorm and there will be
an NPC cook that comes between certain hours to do all the cooking and
cleaning up.

> 2. Can I see my Sims inside a class, or do they just walk off the
> screen to go there?
>
> 3. How do you use the new stove in the game? I can't get it to work.
> Even when I sent a Sim to the refrigerator she walked next door to an
> apartment bldg that had a convetional stove to cook.

That new stove is the one that comes with the NPC cook. I've never tried to
put it in a single house. It works fine in the dorms.

> 4. Do all Sims have to buy their own cell phone or can one member of a
> household go get phones for everyone in some sort of "family plan"?
> And will Catherine Zeta Jones sell them the phones?

You can use the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat then shift-click on
the active sim to give them the cell phone, handheld game or MP3 player. Or
you can go to a University community lot with the kiosk on it to buy those.
You can also put that kiosk on your community lots in the neighborhood to
make those available to the non-student population.

> 5. Are the dorms populated? They don't have little green diamonds
> floating over them, and when I went into one in build mode is was
> deserted. Do other Sims just magically appear when I move my Sims to
> the dorms?

The game generates dorm students just like townies to fill the dorm rooms
that your sims don't take. If you move more controllable sims into the
dorm, the same number of NPC students will move out. But, regardless of the
number of rooms in the dorm, you can still only control 8 students. It's
tough to do that, but easier than having to play several dorms to get them
all through college.

Jeanie

georg wrote:

> Yes, you have to use the cheap stuff, because "that's all a college
> student can afford"
>
> Using that logic, college students don't have good enough computers to
> run the University expansion. Hello, Irony?
>
> -georg

Well, not exactly true. I now have the options on all computers except
Alienware. It was indeed a bad hack, the "teenmoveout" hack from
modthesims.

Here's something odd, though: I went through my download folder and
weeded through the hacks one by one. When I determined that was the bad
one, I PUT BACK ALL THE DOWNLOADS.

Yet when I went back into the game, the dorms were missing their
carpeting and one female Sim had default hair rather than the custom
hair I'd given her.

Yet I only threw out one hack, the teenmoveout cheat. How'd that affect
hair and floors? (And god know what else; I haven't looked around all
that much yet.)

--
--Cuth

> Madame Mim wrote:
> > "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in
message
> >>4. Do all Sims have to buy their own cell phone or can one member of a
> >>household go get phones for everyone in some sort of "family plan"? And
> >>will Catherine Zeta Jones sell them the phones?
> >

> > They have to buy their own or you can boolprop to get them one.
>
> How do you do that? What's the cheat code?

boolprop testingcheatsenabledtrue
then you select the sim that you wish to give a phone to, hold down shift
and click on the sim, one of the options (you'll probably have to click
'more' to see it) is give cell phone (or some such)
remember to turn off the boolprop if you don't usually run with it on -
boolprop testingcheatsenabled false

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

That might be a hack or a hacked object, Cuth. If you have an object that
alters the pie menu (i.e. adds an interaction to it), then you might find
that it won't work with University and blocks the new EP new options from
appearing. I had a nudist hack which added the option 'Get Undressed' to
the pie menu. It apparently worked fine with University until I got into a
dorm and the options to 'go to class' and 'go to final exam' weren't there
(PANIC!). They magically appeared once the hack was removed. It might be
something else but I'd start there. Sigh - take out your Downloads folder,
something in the Downloads folder that's interfering with the pie menus. A
lot of stuff has been updated now for University - I finally found a new
version of the nudist hack yesterday.

Best wishes
Maxon

> >>1. How do I make my college Sims write terms papers and do assignments?
> >> For term papers it says to click on any computer and the "College/Do
> >>termpaper" option will appear, but it doesn't for my Sims in their
> >>apartment.
> >

> > There must be a computer for this option to be available.
>
> Obvously. But as I said, the option does not appear on any computer for
> my college Sims.

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Well, not exactly true. I now have the options on all computers except
> Alienware. It was indeed a bad hack, the "teenmoveout" hack from
> modthesims.
>
> Here's something odd, though: I went through my download folder and
> weeded through the hacks one by one. When I determined that was the bad
> one, I PUT BACK ALL THE DOWNLOADS.
>
> Yet when I went back into the game, the dorms were missing their
> carpeting and one female Sim had default hair rather than the custom
> hair I'd given her.
>
> Yet I only threw out one hack, the teenmoveout cheat. How'd that affect
> hair and floors? (And god know what else; I haven't looked around all
> that much yet.)

I tend to blame weirdness like this on the phase of the
moon...whatever phase it may be <g>.

Laura

Hi

Which computer were you using?
I found it only works on the white cheap computer, and not all the fancy
ones...

Hope this helps
Julia