512k memory installed, but Windows sees only 128K

I have a Dell Poweredge 2300 server that I'm running XP Pro on. I
have been told that Dell does not support Windows XP" on this machine,
so maybe this has something to do with the BIOS !???

The system has 512K memory on board, and reports so when booting, but
XP indicates that it has only 128K of memory.

Any thoughts as to why & how to fix it?

Thanks,
Scott Kelley

Scott, is the Ram configured with two sticks of the same 256MB or just
one 512MB stick. You could try
different slot combos if you have more than one stick and three slots
on your motherboard.