Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Line-In Input on ASUS P5KC Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
December 26, 2009 10:24:11 PM

I am trying to use the Line-In input on a ASUS P5KC Motherboard for recording purposes using MusicMatch Jukebox Plus. The recorded information is heavily distorted unless the Record Volume Control Tab is at its lowest level. It's like it is a low level input instead of line level input.

A buddy of mine suggested I check the BIOS setting. I am a newbie in this area. Does the BIOS have anything to do with this? If so, how do I locate the correct area within the BIOS? Thanks for any guidance in this matter.

Williebuilt73

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 28, 2009 11:15:20 AM

While I don't know your board but, I have never seen any parameter settings for line in on a motherboard before. Next time you see your buddy tell him it was the flatuator setting. What little I know about line in is not the mic in, but on rear of board. Generally these ports are configured within the software provided by manufacturer. It may be realtek which is common and can be found on cd provided by asus as well as documentation. There is some manipulation available.
January 3, 2010 10:51:55 PM

roonj said:
While I don't know your board but, I have never seen any parameter settings for line in on a motherboard before. Next time you see your buddy tell him it was the flatuator setting. What little I know about line in is not the mic in, but on rear of board. Generally these ports are configured within the software provided by manufacturer. It may be realtek which is common and can be found on cd provided by asus as well as documentation. There is some manipulation available.

Thank you roonj! I thought the suggestion was not valid at the time. Regarding RealTek, their support is totally useless. The support is obviously outsourced as the English (that is being kind!) is golbeldegook and of course not understandable-at least not be me. I have found a way around the problem, albeit unorthadox. I inserted a headphone stereo volume control in the line and conducted various tests with different genres and different input levels set by the volume control. A happy medium was obtained - at least for now.

This is weird, as I never before experience a "low level line-in" input. I thought there might be the possibility of the cassette deck line-out signal level being faulty. So, I tried another deck with the same results.

Thanks again for your reply and input.

williebuilt73
m
l
!