Sign in with
Your question

How to replace ati2dvag in toshiba laptop

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
December 9, 2011 6:12:59 PM

I have a Toshiba Laptop Equium A60-156. Every time I open it I get the Blue Screen of Death. It says ati2dvag is in an infinity loop. (Obviously going round in circles). This is driving me to distraction. When you search the Net for answers you can get many, many ideas of what and what not to do. Too many suggestions that are reportedly free for the asking turn out to be Internet Companies who try to make a fast buck from ones misfortunes. Even on the British High Street there are Computer Experts
who quite simply appear out of their depth on this particular subject but never appear to say so until they have raised a bill against you.

I would be extremely grateful if someone somewhere can enlighten me as to the best course of action to overcome this hideous problem. Perhaps I should replace the offending ati2dvag file?
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
December 9, 2011 8:54:59 PM

Quote:
I have a Toshiba Laptop Equium A60-156. Every time I open it I get the Blue Screen of Death. It says ati2dvag is in an infinity loop. (Obviously going round in circles). This is driving me to distraction. When you search the Net for answers you can get many, many ideas of what and what not to do. Too many suggestions that are reportedly free for the asking turn out to be Internet Companies who try to make a fast buck from ones misfortunes. Even on the British High Street there are Computer Experts
who quite simply appear out of their depth on this particular subject but never appear to say so until they have raised a bill against you.

I would be extremely grateful if someone somewhere can enlighten me as to the best course of action to overcome this hideous problem. Perhaps I should replace the offending ati2dvag file?

Here is some dated material (2007) that may help. Appears there is no unique cause, but overheating is cited repeatedly, so with a can of compressed air, and opening your unit, you may prevail.
http://www.modernstreet.com/general/ati2dvag-problem/
Related resources
!