Two more questions....

I remember some of you saying you put the items in your downloads
folders in subfolders to mark what they were and where they came from,
so you could weed them out later if need be. I tried that with some
newly downloaded stuff, but it didn't appear in the game till I took it
out and put it just in the regular downloads folder. Seems items in
nested folders won't appear. Did anyone else have this problem?

Also, I notice in the young adult outfits, some but not others have a
little icon in the picutre. It resembles a college cap. What does this
mean? Since not all outfits have them, it can't mean anything about it
being available only for college kids...

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Also, I notice in the young adult outfits, some but not others have a
> little icon in the picutre. It resembles a college cap. What does
> this mean? Since not all outfits have them, it can't mean anything
> about it being available only for college kids...

Means the outfit is new with the university EP.

Gareeth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> I remember some of you saying you put the items in your downloads
> folders in subfolders to mark what they were and where they came from,
> so you could weed them out later if need be. I tried that with some
> newly downloaded stuff, but it didn't appear in the game till I took
> it out and put it just in the regular downloads folder. Seems items
> in nested folders won't appear. Did anyone else have this problem?
>
> Also, I notice in the young adult outfits, some but not others have a
> little icon in the picutre. It resembles a college cap. What does
> this mean? Since not all outfits have them, it can't mean anything
> about it being available only for college kids...

The only young adults you'll have in your game will be college kids. Most
of the clothing I've downloaded for young adults have that icon on it.

Jeanie

> I remember some of you saying you put the items in your downloads
> folders in subfolders to mark what they were and where they came from,
> so you could weed them out later if need be. I tried that with some
> newly downloaded stuff, but it didn't appear in the game till I took it
> out and put it just in the regular downloads folder. Seems items in
> nested folders won't appear. Did anyone else have this problem?

You can't put clothes or other skins in sub-folders so if you've been trying
that you won't see the stuff in game. You should be able to put anything
else in sub-folders - floors, walls, ground cover, objects, recolours,
hacks, clothes meshes. I have all my own stuff in a folder called
JenStuff - inside that I have a whole pile of other folders and folders
within folders - walls, floors, objects and so on. Nesting folders doesn't
cause me any problems. I would say, however, that some people have reported
that they can put glasses and make-up in sub-folders. Now I can't do that
(the disappear from the game if I do), so I should think this is something
that depends on your system so it might be that the way your game is set up
it won't accept sub-folders at all. I've never heard of this though. Try
sorting some walls and floors into sub-folders first (since they're fairly
simple files) and see if you can then see them in game.

> Also, I notice in the young adult outfits, some but not others have a
> little icon in the picutre. It resembles a college cap. What does this
> mean? Since not all outfits have them, it can't mean anything about it
> being available only for college kids...

Oh that's the icon to tell you the stuff came with University. You'll find
there's some elder male outfits with the same icon - it just means they came
with the EP.

Best wishes
Maxon

Am Tue, 07 Jun 2005 02:22:04 GMT schrieb Cuthbert Gurdlestone:

> I remember some of you saying you put the items in your downloads
> folders in subfolders to mark what they were and where they came from,
> so you could weed them out later if need be. I tried that with some
> newly downloaded stuff, but it didn't appear in the game till I took it
> out and put it just in the regular downloads folder. Seems items in
> nested folders won't appear. Did anyone else have this problem?

You can't do this with clothes, genetics and so on. I have subfolders for
floors, wallpapers and hacks - saves time using the CleanInstaller because
it doesn't read all the files (many!) on my HD then, very useful when I
just want to deactivate one hack or something like that.

Dorte

Latest posts