GTX 285 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

drums101

Distinguished
Ok so I am testing my 2 bfg gtx 285 ocx's. I have been having issues getting SLI to work and I even used a different board to ensure its either a problem with the cards themselves or a cpu bottleneck. That leads me to my first question i have a e7300 cpu clocked at 4.1ghz does anyone know if that will be an issue with sli 285s? will that be fast enough to not limit the cards too much? I am playing games at 1920x1200. So the problem I have been having is games when I do not enable SLI i get the fps that I should but when I do enable SLI it stays the same and sometimes even goes down like 5fps avg. I have tested this extensivly in Call of Duty World at War and Far Cry 2 both have similar results. But then I jus tried 3dmark vantage and here is what I got. Without SLI enabled I got a total score of P15269 With gpu score of 12889 and cpu score of 34245. Then I enabled SLI and I got a total score of P23263 with gpu score of 21051 and cpu score of 33968. That tells me that SLI worked like it should in the benchmark but not in games. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks and lemme know if u need more info

drums101

Distinguished
well see i have the q6600 and i couldnt get that clocked any higher then 3.4 so i wanted to try it with a faster clocked dual core to see if I can aleiviate the bottleneck so does anyone think a 4.1ghz dual would bottleneck the two cards? I find it weird that even when I enable sli my fps goes down

hattorihanzo

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Hey Drums, I am having the exact same problem with my comp. i7 920, P6T with SLI eVGA GTX 285 SSC's.

Vantage jumps from P12714 to P21116 when SLI is enabled. I then tested several games with almost no difference when SLI is enabled. Left 4 Dead actually had lower max fps with SLI.

Hopefully someone has a solution for this, but what would be causing the problem hardware or software?

What OS and Nvidia drivers are you using? Also have you done a fresh install of the OS yet? I'm thinking about giving that a try.

smoggy12345

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I would change drivers...sounds like your problem lies there.

OR

In driver settings --> manage 3d settings...then change how is renderes frames to:

'force alternate frame rendering 2' and do another bench....get the same results?

gtx285fanboy

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
What kind of power supply are u using? i have 2 xfx black oc gtx 285s, running on a corsair 750w, i had ur problem but when i upgraded to a bfg 1000w i saw a huge diff in fps. >60fps in all my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.