User profiles

July 7, 2004 12:43:03 PM

Hello,

I would like to move the user profiles from c:\Documents and Settings to
other directory/drive (let's say e:\profiles). Is there some safe and "user
friendly" way of doing this. So far I've been doing it by manually editing
the registry but this doesn't seem to safe for me. :-/

Chris

More about : user profiles

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 2:04:40 PM

So you trust and rely on GUI wizards and or 3rd party software written
nobody-knows-by-whom more than yourself, huh? ;-)

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=322014
HOW TO: Change the Default Location of User Profiles and Program Settings

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=236621
Cannot Move or Rename the Documents and Settings Folder
!