Memory for Asus P5QL Pro ?

Sonjaaa

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I currently have 2 GB RAM in my computer. According to Speccy, it's single-channel DDR2 @ 333 MHz (5-5-5-15). My mobo is Asus P5QL Pro.

What should I be looking for if I decide to buy a second 2 GB RAM stick to pair this one? Does it have to be the exact same brand and everything? or just certain stats the same?

Solution

It looks like you have a DDR2-667 module. You could buy another identical module(CPU-Z can be used to view the part number of the current module) or a new 4 GB kit. If you buy a new kit, look for DDR2-800 modules that require 1.8V. Either way, they'll run in dual channel mode if installed in the same color slots.

Detaill

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Nice board but I don,t what you mean by "speccy" ? what I found said that mobo supports up to 1300 mhz DDR2.
If your current merory is not specialized or modified , any brand should do . I was confused about 333?

It looks like you have a DDR2-667 module. You could buy another identical module(CPU-Z can be used to view the part number of the current module) or a new 4 GB kit. If you buy a new kit, look for DDR2-800 modules that require 1.8V. Either way, they'll run in dual channel mode if installed in the same color slots.

Solution