Sign in with
Your question

Need Some Help with choosing a MoBo

Last response: in Systems
July 2, 2009 3:43:03 AM

Hae guys i am thinking about using a AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1GHz 7MB Cache AM3 Black Ed
Which Mobo should i use:
Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P Motherboard, Socket AM3, 4xDIMM, DDR3, PCIe-16, 2xPCI, 4xPCIe-1, 12xUSB2, Firewire, Audio, 1xATA, 6xSATA, RAID, ATX
Gigabyte GA-M720-US3 - Motherboard - ATX - nForce 720D MCP - Socket AM2+ - UDMA133, Serial ATA-300 (RAID) - Gigabit Ethernet - FireWire - High Definition Audio (8-channel)
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H socket AM2 Motherboard microATX AMD 780G chipset

I am going to use DDR2-1066Mhz RAM

More about : choosing mobo

a b B Homebuilt system
July 2, 2009 3:55:28 AM

Well, the first board you have listed, needs DDR3 memory, so that won't work the the mem you say you're going to use. Cant find the middle board on the egg, but the last one looks fine if you're just running 1 vid card or none using the onboard graphics.
July 2, 2009 4:04:11 AM

I have had AMD chipsets and I can tell you they are very easy and stable as well as being fast. Id check and see about the Nvidia chipsets as they used to be very buggy, go on some forums and see how they are nw.

I had a 780g chipset before this and the 700 southbridge, they booted up so fast, i couldn't hit the delete key fast enough to get into the bios, had to mash it as soon a si powered on and hope i got it. Was just stupid fast and rock stable the whole time. Mine was an ECS though and they went cheap on the mosfets so it blew up. TZhe gigabyte should be solid and rated for 125 watt cpus, I'd go with an AMD chipset just because my system was super responsive. It wasn't the fastest FPS being a 5400+ x2, but when I clicked on something, it snapped to attention instantly. Good luck.
!