USB as Drive A in Dos OS !

Mr_sheikh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
i have a machine that accept Data from Flopy Drive . but now a days flopies are not available in my country (Pakistan) . i have USB port in computer that was attached with machine . i follow many steps from gettin in poples question. But still i cant read my USB Drive as drive A in dos. the machine softwae accept data automatically from Floppy or Drive A. but always my USB Drive show as Drive D: or other and software not accept it a Floppy .

is there any way to make my USB drive A for getting data from it in Dos ?

Please help me :sweat:

waiting yours kind reply .

If you are running the Windows 98 version of DOS, or newer, it should be able to recognize your USB in dos. Even if it is designated as your "D" drive in DOS, you should be able to change directory to your "D" drive and access your data.

What drives show up in DOS? Can you use the change directory command (cd C:, etc.) to access the A, B, D, etc.? Is it true DOS (boot-to DOS), or a command window?

The drive letter should not matter--just that your computer can recognize the USB stick.

Mr_sheikh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Dear Dalaudar,

i just use flash drive when i need to load data in machine computer . and dont have any windows os in it only its have Dos 622 . manually i can copy the data from D: to c:data directory. but i want that software accept data same as it is that it accept from floppy . under software command get data from A. the manually copy files from D: to C: was not perfect. so i need when i start computer with usb support . its dissable A Drive and make USB as a Drive A. is it possible ?