SCAN Overclocking with 3D Rendering?

Hotswat

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Hey guys, I recently picked out a lovely "Overclocked" motherboard/cpu/ram bundle with SCAN with the intention of using it for gaming, 2D graphics and 3D Modelling and rendering.

This bundle consists of: Intel i7 2600k overclocked to 4.7GHz
Asus P8Z68-V Intel Z68 Chipset Motherboard
Be Quiet! Dark Rock Advanced BK014 CPU Cooler
8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz RAM

all for £506.8/€575/$807.

I'm quite happy with this deal, but I'm wondering if it's smarter to opt out of overclocking the CPU, since apparently it can cause miscalculations in rendering in 3D. But, SCAN seem quite confident that their overclocked systems are very stable.

here is the site: http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs-overclocked-bundles

What do you guys think I should do?

SB i72600K system is very very good for Game, but not good for 3D Modelling and rendering, it's the fact for SB.

all Pc can used for rendering / 3Dmodelling but very Slow .. slow and very Slow. 3D Modelling and rendering is professional use workstation i7980x or Xeon and need more RAM and no overclock , add ( VGA proffesional (Nvidia Quadro FX )

Hotswat

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
But im looking for a PC i can game on and complete my student work on (im soon to work in animation) and this package costs only €575 and a proffesional workstation will cost a few thousand. I dont need that much processing power yet, but i would love to have as much speed as possible to render the personal projects i will be completing over the next 4 years.

Thanks for your reply though :)