LTE hard driver jumper question

I just removed the hard drive from the caddy on my LTE 5400 out of
curiosity to see how it mounts in the caddy. I noticed it has three possible
positions for the jumper: off for Drive 0, on the right set of pins for
Drive 1, and across the bottom two pins for Cable Select.

Mine is in the Cable Select position. Shouldn't it be drive 0? It's the only
drive.

Thanks.

Ken
2 answers Last reply
More about hard driver jumper question

    In article <108bprrbfc3tea9@corp.supernews.com>, "Ken_B" <@> says...
    > I just removed the hard drive from the caddy on my LTE 5400 out of
    > curiosity to see how it mounts in the caddy. I noticed it has three possible
    > positions for the jumper: off for Drive 0, on the right set of pins for
    > Drive 1, and across the bottom two pins for Cable Select.
    >
    > Mine is in the Cable Select position. Shouldn't it be drive 0? It's the only
    > drive.

    But it might not always be the only drive. What if you plug
    a second drive into the MultiBay? It is set correctly.

    After giving it some thought I suspected that. Thanks.

    "Ol' Duffer" <DontSend@MeSpam.com> wrote in message
    > In article <108bprrbfc3tea9@corp.supernews.com>, "Ken_B" <@> says...
    > > I just removed the hard drive from the caddy on my LTE 5400 out of
    > > curiosity to see how it mounts in the caddy. I noticed it has three
    possible
    > > positions for the jumper: off for Drive 0, on the right set of pins for
    > > Drive 1, and across the bottom two pins for Cable Select.
    > >
    > > Mine is in the Cable Select position. Shouldn't it be drive 0? It's the
    only
    > > drive.
    >
    > But it might not always be the only drive. What if you plug
    > a second drive into the MultiBay? It is set correctly.

Jumper Cable Hard Drives Laptops