Who likes the new Core i7 Logo?

horatio b

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Look I know I'm late because the logos switched a while back. Truth is I like the old logo and the new ones didn't really bother me because I had the Co stepping i7 920. Well burnt out my memory controller and had to RMA it. They sent me the new 920 with the D0 stepping (which totally totally totally puts C0 to absolute hide your face and change your name type of shame.) They sent me the new sticker and I don't wanna put it on my case. Because I think the older one is better looking. So I just wanna get everyones opinion and see if I'm on this raft by myself.

protokiller

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
Are the new ones the square ones?

If so I've always liked the curved ones more.

My friend bought a Wolfdale C2D and it came with the new CD2 sticker... and we both agreed the old one looked better.

I googled up the I7 logo's and I like the old one too.

It's just traditional that they be oval shaped and they changed it for no reason.

I too am very picky about my case stickers!

protokiller

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008

lol I'm sure there are a few of us out there.

If I ever get a C2D I'll probably go on Ebay and get the old sticker.

Some may think I'm crazy but most stickers are less than a dollar so it's not a huge loss.

Kinda compare it to a car logo, if they changed the Mustang logo to something stupid there might be a few of us buying the old one online and ripping the old one off.

And there would be people saying it's just a logo it dosen't matter. Both have valid points, it's just whatever floats your boat.

horatio b

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
I only have two stickers on my case.
1. Powered by ASUS
2. Original Core i7

I even ArmorAll my case. I have the Tempest and I will post pics after I do some serious mods to it.

protokiller

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008

Hah I've AmrorAll'ed my case too!

Makes the black look new again..... if not better.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Stickers....

What are you guys doing to your cases that you need to Armor All them?

...wait, do I want to know? I remember a guy in my dorm building back in the day talking about why he wanted to ScotchGuard his keyboard...suffice to say it wasn't because he frequently spilled coffee into it :eek:

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

*brain pops*