Windows 7 does not want to BURN

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Hey guys, I just downloaded Windows 7 64-bit and i tried to burn it on to a DVD with various programes including magicISO, PowerISO and Active ISO burner. With all programmes I got a error when I tried to burn win 7. I tried with my other ISO files and they worked fine, so Im quessing the problem is with the download win7.iso Anyone had similar issues or can help me? IM redownloading it right now to see if it will work this time =/

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
I forget exactly what it was something on the disc corrupted, drivers maybe.

When you burn a disc there are errors and the systems has a means to deal with this built in. But the faster you burn the more errors and eventually there are to many errors to compensate for. Mine burned fine at max speed but others have had issues.

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Ok thanks I got to download win7 overnight again since I deleated it -_- Than Ill try to burn it at low, speed and I forgot to mention that I get the error before it even starts burning.

You should ALWAYS burn a software disc such as Windows 7 using a program that can VERIFY the data.

I don't bother with verify for videos (especially dual layer that takes a long time) after burning 10 successful burns.

I always use Nero and have the Verification feature enabled.

If your Windows 7 image is corrupt then you won't be able to burn it anywhere. The fact that you can burn other images makes me suspect this. You may need to get another copy.

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008

I can see the logic of that but i have never verified a disc and have never had an error, using nero or alcohol 120 for the last few years

yeah we figured it was corrupted his last post said he was redownloading it

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Nevermind my last post Im not sure if it works

By the way I downloaded the 64-bit for the computer Im building next week. So I managed to burn my 64- bit win7 on a DVD using my laptop, so to makes sure it worked. I clicked on my computer, DVD drive and than i clicked on setup.exe and I get a following message

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check
your cinputer's system information to see wheather you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)
version of the program, and than contact the software publishes.

Now remember I downloaded the 64-bit version for my new PC, and I just wanted to chek it on my laptop which supports 32-bit......... so I just wanna know that altough I get this message on my laptop the win 7 64bit will work on my new RIG

Wolfshadw

Titan
I got that very message immediate after the image burn completed. Don't worry about it. Once you boot from the disc (on your new system) it will install fine. Posting on my new Win7 system now.

-Wolf sends

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Thanks I hope it will work because I wasted like 9 DVD's before I managed to burn win7 64bit successfully.... I hope. but I managed to burn win7 32bit on my first try

K1ash3r

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
One more thing what does it mean by bootable? and is there some special way to make it bootable or all you do is burn the iso using isoburner

Bootable:
Also, the "boot order" must have the CD/DVD drive set BEFORE the hard drive in the BIOS. The usual order is:
1. Floppy or USB
2. CD/DVD
3. Hard Drive

When the BIOS completes its basic self checks (POST etc) it gets ready to "hand over" operations to the next operating system. Usually that would be the hard drive (Windows), but it can also be a bootable CD such as a repair disc, Linux Live or whatever.

If you have a non-bootable CD in the tray you'll get a small delay as it reads it (provided the CD is set before hard drive) but it will continue on to the hard drive if no bootable material is there.