Sign in with
Your question

Sound problem

Last response: in Components
October 3, 2009 1:31:13 PM

Hello.I have the following problem with my sound device.3 days ago, i plugged in a tv tunner witch needed a jumper to activate the sound.I didn't have that jumper, so i watched at some tv shows with no sound.But i had a surprise: the sound was not working at all, not in winamp, nothing. So i plugged out the tv tunner, but the problem persisted. I reinstalled my windows xp, i formated the partition even i wrote the MBR. I have the same problem also in Ubuntu.
But there is no hardware problem, because in the device manager, the integrated sound card is recognized and all the drivers are ok.Even when i run sound tests with directx, it's sais that is no problem with my sound, but i can't hear anything.
Thank you and please help me

More about : sound problem

October 4, 2009 8:17:54 AM

It appears that the sound card needs to be remapped. Essentially, you are just setting it back to default by remapping. I've done it a couple of times, but it's been awhile. Let me check it out and get back to you. If you want, just google, remapping sound card and try it out.
October 4, 2009 9:42:00 AM

buwish said:
It appears that the sound card needs to be remapped. Essentially, you are just setting it back to default by remapping. I've done it a couple of times, but it's been awhile. Let me check it out and get back to you. If you want, just google, remapping sound card and try it out.

I will wait for you and i will also search on google about this rempaing thing.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 4, 2009 2:00:39 PM

http://sb2.info/flash-player-9-missing-sound-issue-solv...

Check that link out and give it a whorl if you want. It may or may not work, as you will see that it is a registry fix of sorts for the sound in concern to a problem with flash 9, hence why I had to do it a couple of times. After running the fix, restart and let me know if it worked.
October 4, 2009 2:49:15 PM

It doesn't work. I think the problem is somehow hardware,maybe at the output of the sound card, but don't know why any SO says that sound is ok. I tried Live Ubuntu and the same problem. Like i said these problems began since i plugged in a tv tunner. In or out, the problem is the same.
More ideas ?
October 4, 2009 3:36:52 PM

Hmmmm....what kind of system do you have, i.e. home build or pre-built (HP, Dell, etc..)? In either case, do you happen to have the motherboard's drivers (i.e. a CD that came with the computer)? You could attempt to reinstall the drivers for the motherboard, which the sound is part of and see if that does the trick.
!