remove 98 on XP Dual Boot

can any help in safely removing windows 98 on my machine
that runs XP under a dual boot?

can it be as described in this help page
us;285480 , if so where i locate the root folder?

it is a point to note that there are on seperate
partitions

Thank you

"Paul Richards" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>can any help in safely removing windows 98 on my machine
>that runs XP under a dual boot?

1. Remove Windows 98 from the BOOT.INI file. Restart. Windows XP
should now start automatically.
2. Delete the Windows 98 files from the HDD manually.
"How to Edit the BOOT.INI File in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022)

--
(tm)

hi

i followed that steps in 'how to edit the boot file' but
as i get to the command promt and enter bootcfg /? to run
bootcfg.exe, it fails to recoisne the command? Can you
help me here?

Can i just mannual delete the line from the file?

Thank You

wrote:

>>can any help in safely removing windows 98 on my
machine
>>that runs XP under a dual boot?
>
>1. Remove Windows 98 from the BOOT.INI file. Restart.
Windows XP
>should now start automatically.
>2. Delete the Windows 98 files from the HDD manually.
>"How to Edit the BOOT.INI File in Windows XP"
>(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289022)
>
>--
>(tm)
>.

Hello,

Yes you can... if you can´t see the file in the root directory of c in the
explorer window just go to tool-folder options-view-deselect "hide protected
operating system files (Recommended)" and then edit boot.ini be sure not to
erase the line that refers to Windows XP.