Installing OS/drivers/updates on SSD? and everything else on HHD?

design2kill

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Hello i am currently building my computer and would like some help with the storage setup. I have a 600gb velociraptor HHD and a Intell 25x - 80gb SSD. I want to install my OS (windows 7 home premium 64-bit) on my SSD along with all the hardware drivers and windows updates. And i want to install all of my programs (e.g. antivirus/word) and games (SC2, COD) and documents on the HDD. I need some instructions on how to install the OS and etc on the SSD. Then i was wondering if it is possible to make the HDD the default drive to install all programs and games and documents on it (or should the SSD be the default with the OS?). So technically when i install a program it automatically asks me to save the program in the "Program Files" folder on the HDD.... thats what i want to happen... Will all of this increase performance?

Also if i save things on the desktop for example will that be on the HHD.

Also i have a i7 processor and a asus rampage iii extreme motherboard... does the 32 or 64-bit matter or resolve around that or the actually Operating System?

Please help and thanks....!!!!!

design2kill

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011

Well i guess i could do that but will the prgram run when i click on it? also how to make the hdd the default?