What The Hell Newegg?! 10 09

vidpro40

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
Well

we were in the market for 10 new workstations. All Parts and very specif mobos ran to $1500 usd per computer.

Since Newegg had everything I needed -- and in this case they had listed a better deal, I decided to go with them instead of TigerDirect

--- I had been a loyal Newegg customer for years, but Tigers prices and service have been better on several recent puchases ---

and I once caught Newegg selling me a refurb without warning...

but what the heck, thought I'd give the Egg a chance again. Placed the order for a test build system on Friday, Oct 2 and 3:pm Est....

sign out sheet said "Processing....."

Checked back 3 hours later

Newegg was still "Processing......." my order

Checked back 13 Hours later

still "Processing..........."

When I read the fine print, it said that they could take up to 2 BUSINESS days to process my order ----- WHAT THE HELL?

Nearly 24 Hours later still "Processing"

Cancelled the order and went with Tiger

Tiger Direct took my order immediately, confirmed it and will ship nearly immediately

bottom line is------ that there is NO EXCUSE to delay taking my order without an explanation and no way to call anyone

until monday.....

Tiger gets my business from now on

and will soon get our order for 9 more workstations

(if my build works out which it will)

Get on the ball Newegg ---- you have to drastically improve your order fulfillment system if you want my business

daship

Distinguished
Next time pay the extra $2.99 for rush processing. If the egg gets swamped with 1000s of orders on friday and it gets closing time, what do you expect.

Newegg rates way higher then tigerdirect in prices, and customer service. You about got to break someones arm to get a refund from Tigerdirect, and newegg will usuaully process it right away.

Not only that, but you ordered after 1:00 which means it asnt gonna ship til Monday, so as long as you got charged Monday "and you would have" your items would have shipped Monday.

Basically your just a greedy spoiled little brat, and expect everyone to do what you want, when you want.

I have spent in the neighbor hood of $30,000 @ newegg in the last 2 years, and they get 5 stars.

Next time order by 1:00 or pay the extra for rush processing.

D

Deleted member 217926

Huh, I actually have had the same problem with TigerDirect. Really slow but after a phone call they fixed it right away.

Got to say Newegg is generally much cheaper and ive never had any issues with them.

I do hate UPS though and have had screw ups on their end.

vidpro40

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
"Basically your just a greedy spoiled little brat, and expect everyone to do what you want, when you want"

yep ---- it's called being a paying formerly 6 year loyal CUSTOMER

---- I love the internet --- where you can just be totally rude and insult someone and think that there are no consequences

Hey daship ---- I'd love it if you could tell me that to my face

A: read my post ----

Tiger Direct took my order SATURDAY and I'm getting my stuff Wednesday

B: learn to S-P-E-L-L

C: Don't be such a tool

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006

O yea, this sounds real 'loyal':

And if you wernt such a tool, Newegg would ahve shipped your parts Monday and you would ahve had them *GASP* Wednesday!

AW GEEZ! Ease up guys!

Here's the official Newegg shipping policy straight from their web site:

"All orders are processed and shipped within our 1-2 business day processing timeframe, regardless of the shipping option selected. Although we do our best to ship out all orders the same day they are placed, and we manage it over 99% of the time, we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. Processing time is not included in your shipping option, so an order shipped using next day air will arrive in one business day from the day it is shipped."

"To help ensure an urgent order is delivered to you as quickly as possible, Newegg.com offers a Rush Processing option for orders placed before 12PM PST. This option costs a small additional fee, and Newegg will put forth its best efforts to ensure your package leaves our warehouse that day. However we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. If we fail to ship your order on the same day it was placed, the rush processing fee will be refunded."

As for who has the best prices, it just depends. I have a list of 17 online vendors that I check regularly. It pays to shop around for the best deals.

TRENDING THREADS