Crysis demo not playing.

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Im not sure if this is the right place to be posting this but im going to any way =).
I just got a new computer and i wanted to test out the new graphics card, which is a 4850 1gig, so i downloaded the crysis demo off of fileplanet.com. It downloaded and installed fine but when its done installing no shortcut appears on my desktop and there is nothing in my program list that said crysis!!!! I go to my computer then my downloads and crysis is right there but each time i click it it just reinstalls itself. I went to add or remove programs and crysis is listed under there. So i have no idea what to do!!!!!
If it matters my OS is vista 64bit.

Thanks for any replies.

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
yet you're on a computer hardware forum for advanced tech users. Anyways...

Here's the deal. Most of the time your software installs to your default hard disk, "C". When you open up the C folder there should be another folder inside called Program Files. In that folder, you will see all the data files for pretty much all ur programs. One of those folders has to do with Crysis. Open that up and there should be a file ending in ".exe" which is probably the game.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Where is Sargentchimerea's reply?? Yet to have it? I'd like to know if it worked for you.

Also uncfan_2563 we all have to learn. I was at Sargentchimerea's level once upon a time and 6 years later I'm a Senior Technician for a very very large company. (Company shall remain anonymous). Give him a break and just answer to question. Ridicule is not does not impress. Glad you pointed him in the right direction eventually.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
My point is that toms is not for advanced tech users, it is for all.

As much as I hate lazy people I do not hate those that have a problem they can't solve. There is no logical reason to suppose that someone who is used to computers would know how to access the files of that computer, windows is made in a way that users do not need to go there.

To act like this is an elitest forum is beyond rediculous. Indeed toms has very much a reputation for the complete opposite and that is not a bad thing.

Blimey a constructive and effective response. Not like you strangestranger! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Thanks alot guys it works! And i caqn run it at 1600 1000 res with vhigh setting at about 30fps. Thanks for your help! Yah i just got vista a week ago and i still dont know much about it. Thanks agian!

sargentchimera

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009

Oh thanks you, i can find my games now lol! Why doesnt it just install it onto the all programs thing instead of games folder?

Where in the world did you get that information? It's running flawless on my rig (built in GPU test -> 1680x1050, high settings = 32min/45avg/55max FPS).

I like it better the new way. My programs menu gets really crowded after a while and this helps a bit. Also, the games explorer has some useful info for novice users, like comparing the game's requirements to the computers specs, etc.