Sign in with
Your question

Crossfire cable

Last response: in Systems
July 3, 2009 3:38:57 PM

I just got a second visiontek hd4650 1gb card for my custombuilt rig. I was wonder two things. I have heard i will need 2 crossfire cables. So my first question is do i need 1 or 2 for 2 4650 cards. Second question where is the best place to buy this cable as i didnt get one with either my motherboard or my graphics cards.

More about : crossfire cable

July 3, 2009 3:56:16 PM

You only need one of those cables.
I believe you'd use a Crossfire Bridge though, and they are usually included with your GPU. You only need one of them to connect 2 cards.
July 3, 2009 7:40:25 PM

ok but where can i get one as it didnt come with anything i have for my computer. Whats a good website?
Related resources
July 3, 2009 11:03:12 PM

thats if i have a specific motherboard but i dont think i have one. i have a gigabyte board. i dont think its compatable but ill play with it a bit more.
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2009 11:08:42 PM

You can get the cables from new egg. You only need one. Usually I get cards with them and just use both of them because they are there ^_^. I use two on my 3850s, though when upgrading someone elses computer I may only use one and it works the same.
July 3, 2009 11:16:16 PM

I'm looking at photos of the VisionTek 4650 and I don't see any internal connectors on it other than PCI-Express. I would assume that it was designed only to run in software Crossfire mode.
July 3, 2009 11:37:01 PM

so how do i set that up, can i still use it in crossfire? if so what software do i need, i found a "swtich in a preferences panel that says turn on crossfire, but then i get an error that say it doesnt have a bridge connection or something like that.
July 8, 2009 1:01:20 PM

Im not sure, but i think you need a motherboard that is hybrid crossfire compatible, if your cards dnt have crossfire connectors for a bridge.

Personally, i'd sell both cards and buy a HD4870 or 4890. As ive had crossfire HD4870's before and found that performance is only increased in a few games, and i expect that software crossfire wouldn't be as good as hardware crossfire, but thats just my opinion.
July 11, 2009 12:15:03 AM

where can i get a hdmi cable splitter so the it has two male and 1 female.
!