Installing a Serial mouse in XP on a lap-top

July 7, 2004 11:41:01 AM

Could anyone tell me how to install a serial mouse??
I tried al the usual:
-connectiing at start-up, doesn't recognise
-through mouse software set-up - error message mouse should be connected
-configuration hardware ?? no mouse installer section
-mouse configuration shows only the PS2 (which entry I use for a key-board)
what am I missing or isn't it possible to install a serial mouse under XP on a lap-top with a build in mousepad???
Anonymous
July 12, 2004 7:44:33 PM

Since your PS-2 port is occupied, try a USB mouse, or get a PS-2 to USB
adapter (assuming that you have an open USB port).