Installing a Serial mouse in XP on a lap-top

Could anyone tell me how to install a serial mouse??
I tried al the usual:
-connectiing at start-up, doesn't recognise
-through mouse software set-up - error message mouse should be connected
-configuration hardware ?? no mouse installer section
-mouse configuration shows only the PS2 (which entry I use for a key-board)
what am I missing or isn't it possible to install a serial mouse under XP on a lap-top with a build in mousepad???
1 answer Last reply
More about installing serial mouse

    Since your PS-2 port is occupied, try a USB mouse, or get a PS-2 to USB
    adapter (assuming that you have an open USB port).

    "Milord" <Milord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Could anyone tell me how to install a serial mouse??
    > I tried al the usual:
    > -connectiing at start-up, doesn't recognise
    > -through mouse software set-up - error message mouse should be connected
    > -configuration hardware ?? no mouse installer section
    > -mouse configuration shows only the PS2 (which entry I use for a
    key-board)
    > what am I missing or isn't it possible to install a serial mouse under XP
    on a lap-top with a build in mousepad???

Configuration Mice Windows XP