tarlidd

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Howdy

I'm having some trouble with Call of Duty: World at War.

When I host a Co-op game people can join my lobby fine. Then I start the game, everyone loads but then nobody synchronizes. The cursor appears and I can hear the sound of the game starting, however the loading screen stays for a minute or two and then everyone gets disconnected saying "There are not enough players to continue the game"

Basically the loading screen looks like:
Me: Loading
Player 2: Loading
Player 3: Loading
Player 4: Loading
then
Me: Synchronizing
then
Me: Ready

Then yeah, it just doesn't start. I have done some research into this and most people suggest opening ports. I have all the ones open that you need for world at war and ive checked them using PF Checker. (feel free to suggest any I might not have forwarded)

Any help would be awsome, just want to kill some zombies with my mates :)

welshmousepk

Distinguished
i had this same porblem at a recent LAN.

is everyone running the most recent patch?

our problem was that we were all runnig different versions of the game, as it turns out the single player (under which the co-op is categorized) is patched independently of the multiplayer.

so while we had all made sure to get the most recent patch for the games multiplayer, we hadnt done the same for the single player so the games wouldnt sync.

PC Plum

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I get this too. I have updated the game to 1.6, but surely people with a diff version of the game wont even see your lobby??

This is really annoying, I want to host games. I have 10 meg internet so I'm sure its good enough...

I have even tried turning off windows firewall altogether and it still does it.

I ask people who are running games that I play and they either dont reply, dont know or say "turn off your firewall".

Any solutions to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PC Plum

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
I cracked it!

The problem is trying to set a max ping. You need to leave it at 999 for your hosted server to load.

Hope this helps.

*so people can find this solution online*

** error not enough players to continue game **

tarlidd

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
Wow thanks man, I just can't believe it was that simple.

It stupid that I cant have it set at 300 though. You've solved the problem but now all I get are people with 400+ ping :p

But still, now I can play with my friends.

Cheers Plum :)

Compounder

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
Hey guys so I have been struggling with this problem for about 6 months on my own and I have decided to reach out to the tom's hardware forums for help. This problem only happens whenever I host a game. I can join other people's games fine but when I host a few specific things happen.

Whenever I host a game people can join fine with a minimum of about 50 ping, and then I press start match and basically ill run you through what happens.
Everyone is loading for the fist five seconds, and then I synchronize and am ready, but everyone else is still loading. After about 15 or more seconds I can start to hear the game sound but i'm still in the loading screen with me at ready and all the other guys at loading! I have to close the game to end the session so I can get out of that limbo.

I have went through all the port forwarding that is recommended for Call of Duty: World at War and this problem is honestly stressing me out. I have tried with 4 to 1 players if that helps. And I am on a wired connection so my internet shouldn't be the problem.

Please if you have any ideas on how to help let me know, because 6 months of this is just killing me!