my mobo died, and i kinda glad it did since i didnt really like it, anyways, i have to 2 5850's and i want to get my favorite motherboard which is the EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard, but its not advertised as being able to run crossfire, however i read a some reviews and people have been running crossfire on it becuase the x58 chipset supports crossfire natively, so my question is if i get the EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard will i be able to use my 2 5850's in crossfire?
Actually I've been pretty pleased with EVGA's cust service tech support (US 888 880 3842 (-EVGA)). The ones I've spoken with seem to know their toys.
My only frustration is the requirement to register within 30 days - otherwise it's a limited 1 year warranty and even that requires a purchase receipt (luckily I had a scan from a rebate)
they did end up replacing my card which had died after 11 months... just in time, one month later and I would've been out of luck.
I suppose I should just log all my new components, but many do not require it so I'm afraid I get lazy :-)
* Supports Intel® Core™ i7 Processors
* Intel® X58 Express Chipset with the ICH10R Southbridge
* Supports over 6.4 Giga-transfers per second
* Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
* Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
* EVGA VDroop Control
* 100% Solid State Capacitors
* 6 DIMM triple-channel DDR3
* Enthusiast layout supporting 2-way, 3-way SLI and CrossFireX with an additional PhysX or 1x PCIe card!
* 6 SATA II 3.0GB/s ports
* EVGA E-LEET Tuning Utility Software
* EVGA EZ Voltage - points at the top of the motherboard for 100% accurate power testing.