EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard crossfire question.

my mobo died, and i kinda glad it did since i didnt really like it, anyways, i have to 2 5850's and i want to get my favorite motherboard which is the EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard, but its not advertised as being able to run crossfire, however i read a some reviews and people have been running crossfire on it becuase the x58 chipset supports crossfire natively, so my question is if i get the EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard will i be able to use my 2 5850's in crossfire?
9 answers Last reply
More about evga motherboard crossfire question
  1. Spec. sheet says SLI, no mention of crossfire. Not all mfrs. bought both licenses for all their boards.
  2. treefrog07 said:
    Spec. sheet says SLI, no mention of crossfire. Not all mfrs. bought both licenses for all their boards.

i came across this, http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=30699&high=EVGA+X58+SLI+LE+crossfire
  3. I couldn't determine if the xfired boards in the forum were the same you are asking about. I would download the manuals: there appear to be two SLI/LE models - to verify that you can run crossfire.
  4. Well, he can give it a try! He has the GPUs - if it doesn't work he can return the board and get another.
  5. Or an easier way,simply ask EVGA support :)
  6. EVGA is company where you find a live person to ask? I didn't know there were any left.
  7. Actually I've been pretty pleased with EVGA's cust service tech support (US 888 880 3842 (-EVGA)). The ones I've spoken with seem to know their toys.
    My only frustration is the requirement to register within 30 days - otherwise it's a limited 1 year warranty and even that requires a purchase receipt (luckily I had a scan from a rebate)
    they did end up replacing my card which had died after 11 months... just in time, one month later and I would've been out of luck.
    I suppose I should just log all my new components, but many do not require it so I'm afraid I get lazy :-)
  8. I am going to resolve this question for all of you once for all.
    According to EVGA's own product page, this board indeed supports crossfire period, done, no more talking.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00481/

READ THE PART WHERE IT SAYS THE FOLLOWING:

Product Features:

* Supports Intel® Core™ i7 Processors
    * Intel® X58 Express Chipset with the ICH10R Southbridge
    * Supports over 6.4 Giga-transfers per second
    * Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
    * Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
    * EVGA VDroop Control
    * 100% Solid State Capacitors
    * 6 DIMM triple-channel DDR3
    * Enthusiast layout supporting 2-way, 3-way SLI and CrossFireX with an additional PhysX or 1x PCIe card!
    * 6 SATA II 3.0GB/s ports
    * EVGA E-LEET Tuning Utility Software
    * EVGA EZ Voltage - points at the top of the motherboard for 100% accurate power testing.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards EVGA Crossfire SLI