POLL: How long would you like life stages to last?

Last response: in Video Games
June 8, 2005 2:54:58 PM

How many days would most of you like age stages to last?

Baby:
Toddler:
Child:
Teen:
Adult:
Elder:

More about : poll long life stages

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:54:59 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> How many days would most of you like age stages to last?
>
> Baby:
2 days, maybe one. This is the most annoying age, but it ought to be
slightly shorter than how long a pregnancy lasts, so I don't need so
many cribs.
> Toddler:
3.5 days so they can get that last point in charisma. What, you don't
insist they only play with the bunny so they don't have to stand in
front of a mirror as an adult? I don't let them do anything else, except
teaching them to walk and talk.
> Child:
The 7 days they have now is fine with me.
> Teen:
2 weeks is too long. 7 days is fine for this stage.
> Adult:
50 days. Really, they aren't adults long enough. Or I need a Middle age
where they aren't fertile, but you don't have to worry about them
keeling over abruptly.
> Elder:
14 days or so is fine.. if there is a middle age. I would like to know
how many days they have left, so I can plan accordingly though.

-georg
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:54:59 PM

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:ehcda115utippnbqscnabmbeaiqpgos32i@4ax.com...
> How many days would most of you like age stages to last?
>
> Baby: I keep them at that stage a couple weeks.They don't need so much
attention.( I just love to get them pregnant and have babies)
> Toddler:Until they walk talk and go to the potty and have at least 3
points of each skills.They're not sleeping long enough.5-6 days.
> Child:It depends.I don't send them to school everyday and when they're
home i make them build lots of skills so it's easier when they go to
college.10days.
> Teen:10 days.They find a sweetheart get a job reach the top and then go to
college.
> Adult:Very long.As someone said,i'd like them to get a bit older
everyday.They look young and then,bang! It's not like this in IRL.I keep
them there long enough to take care of their grand children.I move them in
with mom and dad and the baby and then move them back with their
spouse.Don't need a nanny that way.
> Elder:10 days.Because,there comes a time when i don't know what to do with
them.They eat sleep and not much else,but when they're about to die,i don't
want them to go cause i became very attached to them.Maybe it's stupid but
what can i say.I love my Sims.
June 8, 2005 4:57:27 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:14:03 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>3.5 days so they can get that last point in charisma. What, you don't
>insist they only play with the bunny so they don't have to stand in
>front of a mirror as an adult? I don't let them do anything else, except
>teaching them to walk and talk.

What's teaching them to walk and talk good for, anyway? Except giving
aspiration points?

> Child:
>The 7 days they have now is fine with me.
>> Teen:
>2 weeks is too long. 7 days is fine for this stage.
>> Adult:
>50 days. Really, they aren't adults long enough. Or I need a Middle age
>where they aren't fertile, but you don't have to worry about them
>keeling over abruptly.
>> Elder:
>14 days or so is fine.. if there is a middle age. I would like to know
>how many days they have left, so I can plan accordingly though.

What do you mean middle age?
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 4:57:28 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>>> How many days would most of you like age stages to last?

I think the current stage lengths are fine, but I agree that a middle age
would be good.

> What do you mean middle age?

When a teenage, or young adult hood, ends sims become adults, they look
exactly the same at the equivalent to 25 as they do at 45. Whereas, IRL, we
don't, so sims should age a bit more often and maybe have a stage between
adulthood and old age. An idea for TS3 would be maybe getting rid of
physical life stages and having sims age daily so they look slightly older
each day, rather than looking 25 one day, then 60 the next.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 4:57:29 PM

"Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message

> I think the current stage lengths are fine, but I agree that a middle age
> would be good.
>
>> What do you mean middle age?
>
> When a teenage, or young adult hood, ends sims become adults, they look
> exactly the same at the equivalent to 25 as they do at 45. Whereas, IRL,
> we don't, so sims should age a bit more often and maybe have a stage
> between adulthood and old age. An idea for TS3 would be maybe getting rid
> of physical life stages and having sims age daily so they look slightly
> older each day, rather than looking 25 one day, then 60 the next.

SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.

Granny.

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 4:57:29 PM

Pfft - Bloody hell, can you imagine the programming for that!!

Best wishes
Maxon

"Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
> > What do you mean middle age?
>
> When a teenage, or young adult hood, ends sims become adults, they look
> exactly the same at the equivalent to 25 as they do at 45. Whereas, IRL,
we
> don't, so sims should age a bit more often and maybe have a stage between
> adulthood and old age. An idea for TS3 would be maybe getting rid of
> physical life stages and having sims age daily so they look slightly older
> each day, rather than looking 25 one day, then 60 the next.

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 4:57:30 PM

Ah - are we allowed to ask then?

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.
>
> Granny.

Anyway, you're right 60 is not old these days.

Maxon
June 8, 2005 5:06:33 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:54:58 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
wrote:

>How many days would most of you like age stages to last?

Baby: 2
Toddler: 3
Child: 10
Teen: 20
Adult: 50
Elder: 20

No problem with the multipurpose painting:-)
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:43:02 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:06:33 +0200, Strider <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote:

>No problem with the multipurpose painting:-)

Can you use it to program the durations?
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:44:49 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:26:07 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.

LOL... I sense... great anger, and disdain in this one!
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:44:50 PM

in message news:cgmda1pikc0062ofbmhclnqq6luu2sfdoe@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:26:07 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
> <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.
>
> LOL... I sense... great anger, and disdain in this one!

Just shock-horror. You wait until they get to be fifty-nine and see how they
change their minds.

GG
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:44:51 PM

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> "Guardian Pegasus"
> <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
> in message news:cgmda1pikc0062ofbmhclnqq6luu2sfdoe@4ax.com...
>
>>On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:26:07 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
>><marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>>>SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.
>>
>>LOL... I sense... great anger, and disdain in this one!
>

> Just shock-horror. You wait until they get to be fifty-nine and see how they
> change their minds.
>
> GG

I agree with Granny. People don't look old until they are 80 at least.
Does depend on how hard you've abused yourself, mind, but my Da looks
the same at 60mumble then he did at 40mumble. Not much grey, not much
sag, still strong and determined, and fully able to kick my ass.

Gram is only just beginning to look old me. She hit 93 in March.

-georg
June 8, 2005 5:49:02 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:43:02 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:06:33 +0200, Strider <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote:
>
>>No problem with the multipurpose painting:-)
>
>Can you use it to program the durations?

No:-)
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:56:11 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:49:02 +0200, Strider <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote:

>>Can you use it to program the durations?
>
>No:-)

Send an e-mail to Guardian.Pegasus@Gmail.com

I'll send you a global hack with your desired durations. Tested it
myself, for hours now, trying to screw it up as much as possible, but
it works like a charm :-)
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:59:16 PM

"Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
>> What do you mean middle age?
>
> When a teenage, or young adult hood, ends sims become adults, they look
> exactly the same at the equivalent to 25 as they do at 45. Whereas, IRL,
> we don't, so sims should age a bit more often and maybe have a stage
> between adulthood and old age. An idea for TS3 would be maybe getting rid
> of physical life stages and having sims age daily so they look slightly
> older each day, rather than looking 25 one day, then 60 the next.

I change their makeup and hair every few days or so so they look like their
age :-) For women, I have them wear less and less flamboyant makup as they
get older, and change their hairstyle from long free hair to wearing it in
buns and stuff. It looks a whole lot more real that way. Also, as a new
adult I will die their hair in funky colors but as they get older I let them
have their natural color again. I should really make salt-n-peppa versions
of all the hair colors so I can have them get grey hairs gradually :-)
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:13:05 PM

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:59:16 +0200, "Yvette Hoitink" <hoitink @ home .
nl (spaces added to avoid spam)> wrote:

>I change their makeup and hair every few days or so so they look like their
>age :-) For women, I have them wear less and less flamboyant makup as they
>get older, and change their hairstyle from long free hair to wearing it in
>buns and stuff. It looks a whole lot more real that way. Also, as a new
>adult I will die their hair in funky colors but as they get older I let them
>have their natural color again. I should really make salt-n-peppa versions
>of all the hair colors so I can have them get grey hairs gradually :-)

You could use the plastic surgery machine to change their physical
appereance too :-) And make them eat to gain weight... LOL
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:13:44 PM

in message news:n5oda1tnirfr59evsv040ue677m3caqjsj@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:59:16 +0200, "Yvette Hoitink" <hoitink @ home .
> nl (spaces added to avoid spam)> wrote:
>
>>I change their makeup and hair every few days or so so they look like
>>their
>>age :-) For women, I have them wear less and less flamboyant makup as they
>>get older, and change their hairstyle from long free hair to wearing it in
>>buns and stuff. It looks a whole lot more real that way. Also, as a new
>>adult I will die their hair in funky colors but as they get older I let
>>them
>>have their natural color again. I should really make salt-n-peppa versions
>>of all the hair colors so I can have them get grey hairs gradually :-)
>
> You could use the plastic surgery machine to change their physical
> appereance too :-) And make them eat to gain weight... LOL

I haven't used the plastic surgery machine (haven't played that carreer yet
and I don't like hacks) but it sounds like fun!. I'll give some of them the
puffed-up lips like you see on rich middle aged women in the US a lot (I'm
soooo glad that craze hasn't hit Europe yet).

Indeed I have them excercise less and less as they get older so they gain
weight yes :-) That's not a conscious decision but I tend to do the skill
building in the early parts of their carreer. By the time they're in the
middle of the adult phase, most of my sims are maxed out on their skills so
they don't have to excercise anymore :-)

Yvette
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:25:10 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:16:10 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>Pfft - Bloody hell, can you imagine the programming for that!!

It wouldn't be *that* hard... they've already got the two basis ones,
adult and elder... just plug in some intermediate values and create a
morphing effect from young adult to elder...
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:26:46 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:17:01 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Gram is only just beginning to look old me. She hit 93 in March.

LOL... when you've known someone your whole life, they somehow tend to
sneak under the radar, don't they? My parents are just about to hit
50, and I still don't think they've changed much the last 25 years
that I can remember lol
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:27:36 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:16:10 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>Anyway, you're right 60 is not old these days.

Definately not. People are working into their 70's. I'd say 70 is old
though.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:27:37 PM

That's because you're not.

!

Best wishes
Maxon

in message news:j0pda1dgpd91nfo78o21fp1f4iuoh9o60j@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:16:10 GMT, "Maxon"
> <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> >Anyway, you're right 60 is not old these days.
>
> Definately not. People are working into their 70's. I'd say 70 is old
> though.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:28:40 PM

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:06:53 -0400, "claire veilleux"
<cveilleux@lynxx.net> wrote:

>> Adult:Very long.As someone said,i'd like them to get a bit older
>everyday.They look young and then,bang! It's not like this in IRL.I keep
>them there long enough to take care of their grand children.I move them in
>with mom and dad and the baby and then move them back with their
>spouse.Don't need a nanny that way.

How very long? I programmed mine to 50 days, but it still doesn't seem
enough... maybe I'll go for 75.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:28:41 PM

in message news:13pda1t548neqb9uga5kfp5k937bpnnf4f@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:06:53 -0400, "claire veilleux"
> <cveilleux@lynxx.net> wrote:
>
> >> Adult:Very long.As someone said,i'd like them to get a bit older
> >everyday.They look young and then,bang! It's not like this in IRL.I keep
> >them there long enough to take care of their grand children.I move them
in
> >with mom and dad and the baby and then move them back with their
> >spouse.Don't need a nanny that way.
>
> How very long? I programmed mine to 50 days, but it still doesn't seem
> enough... maybe I'll go for 75.

I don't know how long it could be i never really checked that but they drink
lots of elixir....
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 7:07:46 PM

> Ah - are we allowed to ask then?
>

> "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message
>>>
>> SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.
>>
>> Granny.
>> >>

> Anyway, you're right 60 is not old these days.

Damn right!!! And anyway, even if one does look greyer and wrinklier, and
got a bit of a sag, one doesn't FEEL old.
One feels... well... Oh, okay. Achy. 8(
But a young achy.
GG
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 7:07:46 PM

> Gram is only just beginning to look old me. She hit 93 in March.

She hit 93 whats?

GG
June 8, 2005 7:32:55 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:27:36 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:16:10 GMT, "Maxon"
><jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Anyway, you're right 60 is not old these days.
>
>Definately not. People are working into their 70's. I'd say 70 is old
>though.

Wait till you become 70 and see if you still think so:-)
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:37:09 PM

Granny Grumpling wrote:

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>

>>Gram is only just beginning to look old me. She hit 93 in March.
>>

> She hit 93 whats?
>
> GG

Giggle.

She still smokes you know. Takes the oxygen off, and then lights up.
That's probably how she'll eventually go... lighting up too close the tank.

-georg
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:45:05 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> How many days would most of you like age stages to last?
>
> Baby:
About 15 minutes. Once you've seen the birth thing and said, "Awww, how
cute!" that's enough. LOL

> Toddler: I think this one is about right. You've got time to teach them
to walk, talk, and piddle, then they can crawl around and play with their
skill building toys and be cute. Having that no play in toilets fix is
good.

> Child: This one is about right, too, if you are working on skills. Kids
can't help with little brothers or sisters, though they do a lot of dish
washing, I've noticed.

> Teen: I find this stage very boring. We need community lots that only
teens can visit.

> Adult: This one is too short. If you play according to the aging in the
game, your adults will all be elders when the kids are teens. My kids are
teens and I'm not an elder. When my first kid was a teen, I was in my 30s,
for cryin' out loud!

Need to add one here: Middle age. Make it at least as long as the teen
years. Give them some gray in their hair, but keep them vital and peppy.

> Elder: This one is about right, too, I think. It's rather iffy because
it can last just a few days or a lot longer. That's as it should be, I
think. I keep my elders working for a while, though, unless they are needed
at home to help care for grandkids.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:47:35 PM

georg wrote:
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
>> How many days would most of you like age stages to last?
>>
>> Baby:
> 2 days, maybe one. This is the most annoying age, but it ought to be
> slightly shorter than how long a pregnancy lasts, so I don't need so
> many cribs.
>> Toddler:
> 3.5 days so they can get that last point in charisma. What, you don't
> insist they only play with the bunny so they don't have to stand in
> front of a mirror as an adult? I don't let them do anything else,
> except teaching them to walk and talk.
>> Child:
> The 7 days they have now is fine with me.
>> Teen:
> 2 weeks is too long. 7 days is fine for this stage.
>> Adult:
> 50 days. Really, they aren't adults long enough. Or I need a Middle
> age where they aren't fertile, but you don't have to worry about them
> keeling over abruptly.
>> Elder:
> 14 days or so is fine.. if there is a middle age. I would like to know
> how many days they have left, so I can plan accordingly though.
>
> -georg

I kind of like the not knowing, though, with elders. You never know when
it's going to happen.

I do wish my game would cutaway and show me when an elder is dying, though.
It doesn't. I lost Mortimer Goth in the downstairs bathroom while Alex was
upstairs doing his homework. The only way I knew it had happened was when
he stood up and started crying with an urn in his thought bubble.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:51:04 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:14:03 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> 3.5 days so they can get that last point in charisma. What, you don't
>> insist they only play with the bunny so they don't have to stand in
>> front of a mirror as an adult? I don't let them do anything else,
>> except teaching them to walk and talk.
>
> What's teaching them to walk and talk good for, anyway? Except giving
> aspiration points?

Well, it's about the only way to give them aspiration points and get them up
into platinum before they age. Aging at platinum at each stage is what
helps them live a long life. It send them into childhood in a good mood,
which does make a difference. Besides, it's some of the more satisfying
interactions in the game. The sims are so patient with the little ones! I
love it.

> What do you mean middle age?

That's the part that comes in the middle. <g>

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:53:13 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 12:17:01 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Gram is only just beginning to look old me. She hit 93 in March.
>
> LOL... when you've known someone your whole life, they somehow tend to
> sneak under the radar, don't they? My parents are just about to hit
> 50, and I still don't think they've changed much the last 25 years
> that I can remember lol

I'll be 50 in August. I'm always shocked when I see recent photos of myself
because that's not how I look! LOL

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:55:18 PM

Granny Grumpling wrote:
>> Ah - are we allowed to ask then?
>>

>> "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
>> message
>>>>
>>> SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.
>>>
>>> Granny.
>>>>>

>> Anyway, you're right 60 is not old these days.
>>
> Damn right!!! And anyway, even if one does look greyer and
> wrinklier, and got a bit of a sag, one doesn't FEEL old.
> One feels... well... Oh, okay. Achy. 8(
> But a young achy.
> GG

And nature is kind. Now that I've gotten to the point where it sounds like
I'm walking on bubble wrap when I first get up in the morning and my joints
are all popping, at least my hearing is going to the point where I can no
longer hear it. :-)

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 8:57:03 PM

Yvette Hoitink wrote:
> "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
>>> What do you mean middle age?
>>
>> When a teenage, or young adult hood, ends sims become adults, they
>> look exactly the same at the equivalent to 25 as they do at 45.
>> Whereas, IRL, we don't, so sims should age a bit more often and
>> maybe have a stage between adulthood and old age. An idea for TS3
>> would be maybe getting rid of physical life stages and having sims
>> age daily so they look slightly older each day, rather than looking
>> 25 one day, then 60 the next.
>
> I change their makeup and hair every few days or so so they look like
> their age :-) For women, I have them wear less and less flamboyant
> makup as they get older, and change their hairstyle from long free
> hair to wearing it in buns and stuff. It looks a whole lot more real
> that way. Also, as a new adult I will die their hair in funky colors
> but as they get older I let them have their natural color again. I
> should really make salt-n-peppa versions of all the hair colors so I
> can have them get grey hairs gradually :-)

This is an excellent idea. I do the same. There are some good salt and
pepper hair styles at TSR, along with full face mask makeup that gives you
some eye bags, crows feet and creases around the mouth. Not much, just a
little. Looks quite realistic, I think.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:03:45 PM

claire veilleux wrote:
> "Guardian Pegasus"
> <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va>
> wrote in message news:ehcda115utippnbqscnabmbeaiqpgos32i@4ax.com...
>> How many days would most of you like age stages to last?
>>
>> Baby: I keep them at that stage a couple weeks.They don't need so
>> much
> attention.( I just love to get them pregnant and have babies)
>> Toddler:Until they walk talk and go to the potty and have at least 3
> points of each skills.They're not sleeping long enough.5-6 days.
>> Child:It depends.I don't send them to school everyday and when
>> they're
> home i make them build lots of skills so it's easier when they go to
> college.10days.
>> Teen:10 days.They find a sweetheart get a job reach the top and then
>> go to college. Adult:Very long.As someone said,i'd like them to get
>> a bit older
> everyday.They look young and then,bang! It's not like this in IRL.I
> keep them there long enough to take care of their grand children.I
> move them in with mom and dad and the baby and then move them back
> with their spouse.Don't need a nanny that way.

I usually have the kid move out, build a starter home (I like the layout of
the Lothario house in Pleasantville -- easy to build, cheap and sufficient
room), get a job, get married and have at least one baby. Then I move the
young family back home to one of the parent's home. It's already big enough
for kids, usually already has a swingset, pool, etc., plus, granny and
gramps are there to help tend the kiddies. Then, when the elders die, the
house gets passed along to the kids. Ad infinitum. Keeps me from having
huge neighborhoods full of empty houses with tombstones in them.

>> Elder:10 days.Because,there comes a time when i don't know what to
>> do with
> them.They eat sleep and not much else,but when they're about to die,i
> don't want them to go cause i became very attached to them.Maybe it's
> stupid but what can i say.I love my Sims.

This is another reason why we need an EP with gardening. I used to love to
have my older couples puttering around the yard, planting carrots, in the
kitchen canning apples, etc. Real homey.

Jeanie
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:13:36 PM

> Granny Grumpling wrote:
>
>> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>Gram is only just beginning to look old me. She hit 93 in March.
>>>

>> She hit 93 whats?
>>
>> GG
>
> Giggle.
>
> She still smokes you know. Takes the oxygen off, and then lights up.
> That's probably how she'll eventually go... lighting up too close the
> tank.

Trailing clouds of glory?

My mother was like that. I used to retire to the far end of the garden.

GG
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:13:37 PM

>> Damn right!!! And anyway, even if one does look greyer and
>> wrinklier, and got a bit of a sag, one doesn't FEEL old.
>> One feels... well... Oh, okay. Achy. 8(
>> But a young achy.
>> GG
>
> And nature is kind. Now that I've gotten to the point where it sounds
> like
> I'm walking on bubble wrap when I first get up in the morning and my
> joints
> are all popping, at least my hearing is going to the point where I can no
> longer hear it. :-)

Whooop!

8)))

GG
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 10:41:19 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:07:46 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
<marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>She hit 93 whats?

Years old :-)
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 10:41:20 PM

in message news:6t7ea1tpau29q0m8jkmhaevjj4mcoh497h@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:07:46 GMT, "Granny Grumpling"
> <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>She hit 93 whats?
>
> Years old :-)

Tut-tut.

GG
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 11:01:13 PM

Baby: Probably about 2 days. That gives you the baby experience of 2
o'clock nappy changes, but doesn't kill the parents.
Toddler: This is probably about right. Short of using the
smartmilk/thinking cap combo, that's about how long it usually takes me
to teach the kids everything they want to learn.
Child: Maybe make it more like 10-12 days. there's a lot of learning
to be done in that time.
Teen: Shorten it a bit I think, make it more in proportion to
childhood. Say 8-9 days.
Adult: about 50 days would be good (possibly including 10-15 days of
midlife crises)
Elder: I like how it's set up at the moment. If they're doing well at
the end of adulthood, then they get a good long elder life. I like the
mystery of when they're going to cark it.

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:35:38 AM

< looking at the replies >

Folks, you want your life stages to go by much faster than I do. I keep
slowing them down. I think the game goes too fast as is!!
--
--Cuth
June 9, 2005 12:49:47 AM

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
message news:jBApe.47202$G8.20415@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

> "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I think the current stage lengths are fine, but I agree that a middle
>> age would be good.
>>
>>> What do you mean middle age?
>>
>> When a teenage, or young adult hood, ends sims become adults, they
>> look exactly the same at the equivalent to 25 as they do at 45.
>> Whereas, IRL, we don't, so sims should age a bit more often and maybe
>> have a stage between adulthood and old age. An idea for TS3 would be
>> maybe getting rid of physical life stages and having sims age daily
>> so they look slightly older each day, rather than looking 25 one day,
>> then 60 the next.
>
> SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.
>
> Granny.

Oh I agree Granny. Most people that are 60 don't look that way!! I know
80 yr. olds
that don't look or act that way. LOL

Betty
June 9, 2005 12:51:26 AM

> Granny Grumpling wrote:
>
>> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>Gram is only just beginning to look old me. She hit 93 in March.
>>>

>> She hit 93 whats?
>>
>> GG
>
> Giggle.
>
> She still smokes you know. Takes the oxygen off, and then lights up.
> That's probably how she'll eventually go... lighting up too close the
> tank.
>
> -georg

I say when a person reaches that age, let them do whatever they want
to!!! :)
They've earned the right.

Betty
June 9, 2005 1:06:35 AM

"Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
message news:6RDpe.47279$G8.28837@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

>> Ah - are we allowed to ask then?
>>

>> "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
>> message
>>>>
>>> SIXTY!!!!! Make that eighty. Seventy-five... seventy. Not sixty.
>>>
>>> Granny.
>>> >>

>> Anyway, you're right 60 is not old these days.
>>
> Damn right!!! And anyway, even if one does look greyer and wrinklier,
> and got a bit of a sag, one doesn't FEEL old.
> One feels... well... Oh, okay. Achy. 8(
> But a young achy.
> GG

My Mother used to tell me that she hurt MORE when she was in her 30's
than when she
reached her 60's. :)

Betty
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 10:53:25 AM

Betty wrote:

> "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:6RDpe.47279$G8.28837@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
>

>>Damn right!!! And anyway, even if one does look greyer and wrinklier,
>>and got a bit of a sag, one doesn't FEEL old.
>>One feels... well... Oh, okay. Achy. 8(
>>But a young achy.
>>GG
>>

> My Mother used to tell me that she hurt MORE when she was in her 30's
> than when she
> reached her 60's. :)
>
> Betty

Thank you for that bit of hope.

D*n hip.

-georg
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:51:27 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:53:13 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>I'll be 50 in August. I'm always shocked when I see recent photos of myself
>because that's not how I look! LOL

Hey I'm 24... and a half.. and I feel that way too!
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:52:23 PM

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:49:47 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
wrote:

>Oh I agree Granny. Most people that are 60 don't look that way!! I know
>80 yr. olds
>that don't look or act that way. LOL

Two words... plastic surgery :-P Well three... botox or
whatchamacallit!
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:53:52 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:35:38 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>< looking at the replies >
>
>Folks, you want your life stages to go by much faster than I do. I keep
>slowing them down. I think the game goes too fast as is!!

I tend to agree... I increased my sims adult life to 75... still too
fast for me, lol

I mean it takes a lot of energy... to educate them, work them up in
the world... and then just as they peak, they grow old and die!? That
ain't right... I mean... I guess it mimics life, but, this is a game!
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:54:25 PM

On 8 Jun 2005 19:01:13 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Baby: Probably about 2 days. That gives you the baby experience of 2
>o'clock nappy changes, but doesn't kill the parents.
>Toddler: This is probably about right. Short of using the
>smartmilk/thinking cap combo, that's about how long it usually takes me
>to teach the kids everything they want to learn.
>Child: Maybe make it more like 10-12 days. there's a lot of learning
>to be done in that time.
>Teen: Shorten it a bit I think, make it more in proportion to
>childhood. Say 8-9 days.
>Adult: about 50 days would be good (possibly including 10-15 days of
>midlife crises)
>Elder: I like how it's set up at the moment. If they're doing well at
>the end of adulthood, then they get a good long elder life. I like the
>mystery of when they're going to cark it.

Let me know if you would like me to edit Inge's hack for you to
accomplish this :-)
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:55:40 PM

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:45:05 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>Jeanie

Okely dokely... say the word and I'll edit it for you if you like! Or
if you know how to use SimPE download and edit Inge Jones' global
hack. I tested it at length with my own modifications and identified
some new variables.
!