Sign in with
Your question

NF750-G55

Last response: in Motherboards
December 29, 2009 3:12:43 AM

I bought a new MSI NF750-G55 board today as well as AMD Phenom X4 925, 4gb DDR3 1600 Corsair Ram, and a BFG GeForce GTS 250. I already had a Skyhawk Powerone gm570pc 570 watt PSU + hardrive I'm bringing over into the new system.

I installed the new gear into my old system but it wont boot. Everything appears to power on but the monitor doesn't receive a signal. I also don't hear any beeps period so it's hard to diagnose on that aspect. I don't have a ton of experience building computers this is my second time upgrading this system.

I'm figuring it's either the motherboard or PSU, I know that PSU had some issues and I'm not even certain if it's enough power.

Any ideas / suggestions on where to go from here?

More about : nf750 g55

December 29, 2009 7:07:19 AM

kbrown529 said:
I bought a new MSI NF750-G55 board today as well as AMD Phenom X4 925, 4gb DDR3 1600 Corsair Ram, and a BFG GeForce GTS 250. I already had a Skyhawk Powerone gm570pc 570 watt PSU + hardrive I'm bringing over into the new system.

I installed the new gear into my old system but it wont boot. Everything appears to power on but the monitor doesn't receive a signal. I also don't hear any beeps period so it's hard to diagnose on that aspect. I don't have a ton of experience building computers this is my second time upgrading this system.

I'm figuring it's either the motherboard or PSU, I know that PSU had some issues and I'm not even certain if it's enough power.

Any ideas / suggestions on where to go from here?

According to the MSI website this board only supports DDR3 1600 via Overclocking but if it won't boot at all you cannot get into the BIOS to overclock.
I would try removing one stick of RAM and try to boot - if not replace with the other stick and try again but I suspect it is the RAM speed that is the problem.
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2009 7:23:25 PM

Turns out the motherboard was bad. I returned it and got a replacement.

Now when I boot the system I get a CMOS checksum error. If I tell it to load the defaults it then goes on to a new screen that says "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media"

I guess that's progress
m
l
December 29, 2009 9:39:11 PM

Alright so the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media" was easily fixed.

Now I'm a little stumped again. When I boot the system I get an error "The file possibly is corrupt. The file header. The checksum does not match the computed checksum.

I'm planning on taking the memory back tomorrow and getting 1333 mhz that the board will support without overclocking. Is the 1600mhz ram most likely causing the checksum error?
m
l
December 29, 2009 9:48:30 PM

Have you done a fresh install of windows?
m
l
December 30, 2009 2:32:56 AM

I have the same board and had 1600 mhz ram. all it did was lower my ram speed but it booted perfectly
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2009 12:11:44 PM

Clearing the bios should get rid of the error.
Remove the battery for 30 seconds.

m
l
!