adept_to_adapt

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Hello everyone i've just joined these forums because ive always googeled my issues and always found the solution on this website :D

anyways, i was wondering if a corsair 650W PSU would run a GTX 295. it has a single 12v rail with idk how many amps. i wanna say 54 but i really dont know. i just dont want to spend a lot of money on a new PSU while spending a lot on a videocard. i guess it may be ok since i plan to later build an i7 system which may require a stronger PSU.

so my questions are:
1) can my PSU run GTX295?
2) if so, do you believe it can run an i7 system (with GTX 295)? what PSU would you recommend?

i built the system i have now when i was 16 but now that i have more money i can make my own system with no limitations

Jorgey88

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
Although you have the funds to go ahead and buy a new unit, there are some other solutions I have found, *being I don't have the funds and still need to upgrade :p * . One of the more interesting ones is a 5.25" bay expansion. You will have to shop around some, as this link won't be sufficient for a 295 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104019&Tpk=fsp%205.25 , I have seen these units as high as 650W solutions. I don't recall the price on that, but this 300W being 1/2 the price of the High end 850W Swifty linked, he has a better solution. Just thought I'd throw out that link, I think its neat :D

Gradis

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
yep it should run. corsair is a good make. Its got the 2 pcix power cables you need with plenty of amps to run it. When u do upgrade to i7 i would consider a new psu cos that will be pushing it.