Solved

Normal Temps From a Noctua NH-D14

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
July 14, 2011 6:43:39 PM

Hey guys,

I am working on overclocking a Phenom II x4 955. I have the Noctua NH-D14. My temp at load with 1.4v is hitting 60c @ 4GHz. Seems really high. It seems like the fans aren't running at high speed. I cant hear them at all, and the cooling performance at this load seems bad. Just wondering what numbers I should be expecting. Is there something I'm missing? I have the 140mm hooked to the CPU fan header on the mother board and the 120mm hooked to a system fan header. I'm pretty sure the thermal paste was applied correctly. (according to directions with the cooler, small 5mm ish drop in the middle of the cpu.)

Thank you.

More about : normal temps noctua d14

Best solution

July 16, 2011 2:16:25 PM

does tim need a little cure time? --- what i usually hear is to open your case and have a table fan blow onto the internals -- if temps then drop your case isn't venting properly -- also check out my post in this forum under case cooling info....i have the nh-c14 and it does a pretty good job ---- i'm certain you did this but make sure the 2 cooler fans are blowing in the right direction
July 16, 2011 2:21:22 PM

Thanks for the reply, I will read your post. I think what the problem is that AMD OverDrive is not reporting correct temps. It was saying 45c idle while HWMonitor says Idle is 35. BIOS also says Idle at 35. HWMonitor says highest on any of the cores under load was 54c while OverDrive said 65c.

The fans are coorect as well, I made sure :D  Thanks again for the reply.
m
l
July 16, 2011 2:21:35 PM

Best answer selected by FoldingZebra.
m
l
!