Sign in with
Your question

Any feedback for my water cooling plans?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 15, 2011 1:06:28 AM

Alright so I bought my dream case this week; a Dell XPS 730X. I was planning to migrate my desktop to its new case, until I realized I needed a motherboard tray. After finding one in GERMANY, I bought it and probably have about a month to wait until it gets here. This really pushed me towards acquiring all the necessary components for water cooling, as I have always been interested in it but have never really been able to pull the trigger until now. I have been reading a lot of guides so I have a pretty good idea what I want to do.

These are the parts I'm swapping over to my 730X case and 1000W PSU:
-Asus P6T Deluxe V2
-Intel i7 920
-EVGA 275 GTX
-3X Seagate Barricuda 1TB drives
-3x2GB Patriot Viper Tri-Channel 1600Mhz ram
-Asus DVD/RW

I plan to add another 275 GTX in SLi, and potentially another 6GB of ram if I can find matching sticks. Beyond that I want to OC the 920 3.6-4GHz if possible.

As for cooling, I am planning to buy:

Feedback on these choices is much appreciated, if I have chosen any duds or there are cheaper and better alternatives please let me know as I am ALL for saving money. I'm hoping to run separate loops to my CPU and GPU(s).

Also, can anyone suggest a good pump/reservoir combo? I'd like to stay away from the drive bay reservoirs if possible as my case has individual bay doors which will make access to the reservoir difficult.

Finally, can anyone shed some light on tubing and fittings I'll need? Especially in regards to the separate CPU and GPU loop.

Thanks for the comments!

More about : feedback water cooling plans

a c 331 K Overclocking
July 15, 2011 6:09:16 PM
m
l
!