No Audio in Windows 7

G

I've got a GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard. I recently upgraded to Windows 7. I immediately installed the Windows 7 Audio drivers for my motherboard from Gigabyte's drivers website.

I have no audio. Not a peep.

If there is another sound driver version for Win 7 fior the board at the site, try it. Perhaps try reinstalling the driver in Safe Mode. Be sure to remove old drivers before reinstalling. And one other thing. If all esle fails, try uninstalling the sound device in Device Manager. Then restart the machine and see let Windows find it and reinstall the sound device.

G

I immediately installed the Windows 7 Audio drivers for my motherboard from Gigabyte's drivers website.

I'll try uninstalling from device manager.

G

Nope. No fix.

I removed it from device manager and rebooted. Upon bootup it'd found the sound device/drivers whatever in device manager and properties say the device is working properly, but I have no sound.

I have the headphones jack plugged into the black hole and the microphone jack plugged into the pink hole. This has always worked in the past.

Is Windows 7 prone to Audio problems with this motherboard?

G

Nevermind. I've used the black jack since forever due to it working as the first jack I randomly tried. Didn't know green was the usual main one.