"F" key means search results

reliven

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Hello,
Is there a function command turned on on this computer? What do I do? I had an issue with my power supply. I was using my original boot up disk to load xp and i did have to load it several times because the power to the laptop was interrupted
Thanks, Bruce

How can we know what is turned on on "this computer" you're the only one sitting in front of it.

What do you do to fix what? What is the issue? There are several F keys, need to post some details as to what you are trying to do, what happens when you do, and what should happen.

reliven

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
As my heading stated, and I will know expand, when you type certain keys you get adverse reactions. The "f" key generates search. "v" generates a "v+.", "back Space" generates a bracket

When you? type certain keys? In the above post, "you" is second-person. hang-the-9, are "you" having this problem? I don't get it. When I type the "f" key, I get an "f" and "v" has a similar result, providing a letter "v" but maybe I'm not looking at the right screen since I do have 2 of them to look at.

What program is doing this? I want to know so I never buy it.

See if any of your function keys like Alt, Ctrl, Fn are stuck. Hit them a few times pretty firmly, maybe take them off and reseat them. I'm using a MS wireless keyboard now, and the F key has an alternate "Find" function, looks like in your case you have something stuck where it's always on.

TRENDING THREADS