Overclocking and flashing my Geforce 210

maoki

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Hi,

I've got a Gainward Geforce 210 512MB DDR2 card and want to overclock it. I'm aware, that it's not a good gaming card, so i don't need advices to and how to get a new one. I want to squeeze the most possible out of what i have. Anyway, I can save its BIOS as a file, can easily edit it in NiBiTor, but, cannot flash it to the card. Tried to flash it with ExtremeTuner and with the NVidia command line flashing tool. It says, no PCI BIOS. Even as an IT pro i cannot figure out, what it means. I have flashed lots of card that way w/o any problems. So, my question is: Which flashing tool can I use to successfully flash my card?
On gainward's Site there isn't anything else than drivers. Googling also didn't help out. :ange:

maoki

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Thanks for your fast reply. Sounds good, than I don't loos warranty, i've just bought that card. I have WinXP Pro and a 2,2GHz Athlon 64 singlecore and 2 gig ram in that system, so I'm worrying about system and CPU/RAM load with software solutions. So, does Afterburner affect gaming performance? And: MSI OC software on a Gainward card? I thought, it only goes with same manufacturer cards.

mmmmmm i wonder if your aware the sandybridge integrated graphics is quicker then your dedicated card.........

the reason people will tell you its not worth the effort is because its true

if you must then iam2thecrowe is correct, and it doesnt matter the brand of anything it will just work

ps no idea how you can stand windows xp... *shudders*

maoki

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011

Well, thanks for that advice, Afterburner works like a charm, all other software tools denied to work with my card. Squeezed out much more, than I expected for this card. Thanks a lot! And, preserved my card's warranty. :)

maoki

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011

Well, I shuddered, when I tried to gain full system control on Win7/Vista. Need deep registry hacks, just to get the REAL admin account, some Hardware denied to work, and, DX10/11 cards , especially the low end ones, perform much better in games in XP. My favorite desktop theme fails to work, some important games crash or deny to work with it at all. All these problems are not present with XP, and, XP is still supported until April 2014. So what?? But, soon, I'll have both XP and 7 parallely on my PC, need a bigger HDD.
And, have no sandybridge, nForce4 Ultra with Athlon 64, so, no onboard graphics at all.

maoki

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Thanx for your agree. Good to know, that not all people are so blind to consider everything a bit older as crap. I also don't say that for be it Vista, Win7 od even Linux. Every OS has it's benefits, depending, what for a certain PC is needed.
Anyway, when I see your system, not bad. :) But, was surely expensive?