Need Help URGENTLY: nVidia Firewall !!!

Hi

Will the nVidia firewall be installed on the PC with an nVidia driver installation? If so... Where can I find it? How do I turn it off?

I had recently been experiencing Bluescreen(BSOD) frequently and was told that it's due to the firewall conflicting by several people.

Hence, I want to turn off the nVidia firewall to see if it's due to the conflicting between it and Kaspersky.

I will be really appreciated if you can help me out of this.

Thanks!
8 answers Last reply
More about need urgently nvidia firewall
  1. There isnt an nVidia firewall. You need one if you dont have one
  2. JAYDEEJOHN said:
    There isnt an nVidia firewall. You need one if you dont have one

nvidia motherboards can come with a hardware firewall
  3. Oh ok, never had one and stay away from them when I can .Thanks for the tip
  4. Hi

My m/b is Asus instead of nVidia, so it shouldn't be the nVidia firewall's problem.

In addition, there's no exclusion that the "Bitcomet" was always on when the BSOD happened.

Could it be due to the compatibility of "Bitcomet"? There are heaps of peoples with Bitcomet installed experiencing the same problem.

Do any one of you have Bitcomet installed having BSOD problem as well?

BTW, I was away for showering. Sorry for the late response when you guys were trying to help me out.

3:49 am in NZ now... so I am going to sleep. Hope that I will get the solution from someone when I get up tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

######################################################################
    Some info regarding the BSOD occurred on my pc:

Quote:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 0000000000000028
    BCP2: 0000000000000002
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: FFFFF880053EAE26
    OS Version: 6_1_7100
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\072509-15709-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42463-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
  5. Is WindowsDefender also a kind of firewall?

Could the BSOD occurred be due to the WindowsDefender conflicting with my Kaspersky?
  6. WindowsDefender is anti-spware and should not conflict with kaspersky, is your MS windows firewall on? Do you have an old fire-wall that was not un-installed prior to kaspersky?
  7. ct1615 said:
    WindowsDefender is anti-spware and should not conflict with kaspersky, is your MS windows firewall on? Do you have an old fire-wall that was not un-installed prior to kaspersky?

My windows firewall is off and the Kaspersky is only firewall that has been installed on my PC.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Firewalls Blue Screen Nvidia Graphics