Windows XP crashing on install

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Hey guys,

Just built my new rig, i went to install windows XP on my new SSD so that i could then buy the upgrade version to windows 7. When i put in my windows XP CD it runs through loading all the files and then when it gets to starting windows set up it crashes.

My cd has some scuff marks but nothing to bad that i think it would crash. The only thing i can think of is maybe my new asus dvd burner is plugged into the 6gb sata port? Maybe theres a problem with the SSD? I dont think it would be the SSD tho because i havent even installed XP yet.

Let me know your ideas on how i can get through this! i dont wana pay 200 for a new version of windows 7

computer specs are as follows

Nzxt phantom case
Nzxt 850W power supply
Asus pro/gen 3 motherboard
Intel i5 2500k
8gb corsiar vegence DDR3 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 580
Asus OEM DVD 24x Burner
Crucial M4 128gb SSD

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Im not loading anything except for the windows XP professional disk that i bought years and years ago.

WHen i put the CD in, the blue loading screen comes up and starts naming off files its loading when it gets to starting windows installation setup it crashes to blue screen

When it crashed to a blue screen, did you see an error like

"STOP: Inaccessible_boot_device" 00000007B (more numbers and letters ending in 7B, more numbers and letters, more numbers and letters) ?

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Its fixed

Just incase anyone stumbles upon this i what i did

removed
1 stick of memory just used 1 4gb stick
removed video card
removed usb 3.0 connector + disabled USB 3.0 in bios
disabled lan support in bios
disabled all non essential sata support
removed HD audio connector from mobo
changed ACHI to IDE in mobo (reset after installing xp)

so one of those things fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.