Which one should I get?

erikku

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
I received an Aser m1200 pc as a gift (not that I wanted it but meh :p)
I got an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core processor 4400+, 2.3ghz and an ATI Radeon 2100 (which I've never heard of) and about 2gb ram (If you need more info, please tell me, i'm looking for all the help I can get :) )

Not that I know much about PCs, just basics.
What do you think I need in order for it to be atleast able to play most games? I'm not asking for a super gamer PC which can play Crysis in maximum resolution and the likes, just something able to play most games with good quality in a 1400x900 resolution (max resolution with current screen) Most games I play are 'playable' but with low quality n crap :(

I am kind've on a budget here, but dont worry just shoot (remember not asking for THE BEST THERE IS)

Maybe I need a new graphics card? More RAM? Different processor? Dunno.
If so, which ones would you recommend?

Appreciate it if you'd help me =)

Cheers.

erikku

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Thanks for the reply, but why a 4670? Any specific reason?

And I'm asking what should I 'upgrade' (RAM, CPU, graphics card, etc.) in order to make it better for playing games, if what's necessary is a graphics card only then yeah maybe I should've posted it in the graphics section sorry :p But I'm not really sure what I should upgrade, this is why I posted it here, since I'm asking what to upgrade in general

Thanks for the reply, though. cheers.

jennyh

Splendid
The lowest 'gaming' card is the 4670. It's great because you don't need a powerful psu or even a seperate connector to use it, just plug it into your pci-e slot assuming you have one.

Anyway, upgrading your graphics card will give you the single biggest increase in playable gaming. Your cpu isn't great ( I once had a 4200+, it was ok but it's getting a bit old now), neither is your ram, but your current graphics chip is awful. If you can use a 4670 in that setup however, you can turn a terrible gaming machine into one that is actually pretty decent and should run most games on medium settings.