Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair F60 2.5" sata 60GB solid state drive

Last response: in Storage
March 27, 2011 4:33:52 PM

I live in Nova Scotia, eastern Canada, and I'm wondering if a Corsair F60 2.5" sata 60GB solid state drive (only a month old)
for $130 (CDN) is a good deal? I really don't know much about solid-state drives but the little I do know is that they would improve my computers performance. My comps specs are as follows.
A MSI-7309 mobo with an AMD Phenom 8400 triple core processor, an XFX Radeon HD4770 graphics card. 4GB's of corsair PC2 6400 (800mhz) RAM, and currently an older IDE 120GB Western Digital hard drive (I know-crap...lol). Oh yes, it has Win XP-SP3 running on it.
I enjoy playing Half-Life 2, Call of Duty4-Modern Warfare, Unreal Tournament 2003 and the older C.O.D. games (1 & 2). Also I can upgrade my operating system to Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition. Is that a good idea too? I thank you experts for any/all responses. Thanks again for this site.

Best solution

a c 143 G Storage
March 27, 2011 11:24:39 PM

Well... You could buy a new one from Newegg.ca for example for the same price. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

I won't say it is a good deal being a used drive, along with the fact you can't be sure if the user "hammered" the drive with testing, so it could've effective its performance / life cycle. Also, 60GB won't leave much room for many games, along with Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. You might be able to install one or two of those games on that drive. I would recommend saving up more money and look to get a 120GB SSD down the road, you'll be happier in the long run with that capacity... IMO
March 27, 2011 11:43:05 PM

Thanks for your response "tecmo34"...but unfortunately price at this time is ann issue. I would love to be able to afford more capacity but I will consider your suggestion.
m
l
April 4, 2011 2:26:44 AM

Best answer selected by Th_Redman.
m
l
!