Notebook hard drive not found.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
April 21, 2004 4:51:32 PM

I have an ARM ACY13 Notebook. The hard drive had some bad sectors, so
I replaced it (Warranty from Mfg). When I put in the replacement the
BIOS doesn't see the hard drive. The new drive is good, because I
tried it in another notebook. I also tried a working hard drive, but
it still will not recognize it. Which means I can't load my OS or do
anything. Now what?
April 21, 2004 8:44:15 PM

If you've gone into the BIOS Setup menu and don't see any HD displayed,
check for bent connector pins on the drive and notebook connector.

"RG" <gmc1303@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D de5bd75.0404211151.203bc299@posting.google.com...
> I have an ARM ACY13 Notebook. The hard drive had some bad sectors, so
> I replaced it (Warranty from Mfg). When I put in the replacement the
> BIOS doesn't see the hard drive. The new drive is good, because I
> tried it in another notebook. I also tried a working hard drive, but
> it still will not recognize it. Which means I can't load my OS or do
> anything. Now what?
April 22, 2004 9:49:18 AM

I've checked both and they look good. Has to be something else, that I'm missing.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 23, 2004 4:33:00 AM

RG wrote:

> I've checked both and they look good. Has to be something else, that I'm missing.
Have you tried putting back the old drive ? Not that it will help a
whole lot but if it is not recognized either, you can reasonably assume
the problem is not the drive but something with the laptop and the best
guest still would be something with the cable, connector or
installation. Beyond that, the motherboard would be at fault.

--
John Doue