P5K-E/WIFI-AP IRQ settings - is it a joke?

zblip2

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
I just bought a P5K-E/WIFI-AP.

I am a musician who needs to install a pro audio card in a PCI slot who's IRQ isn't shared by anything else.

In the P5K-E/WIFI-AP Manual I found something called: ''IRQ Assignements for this Motherboard''

It seems to tell you wich IRQ cannels (A,B,C,D,E,F,G or H) are used/shared by wich devices. Oddly, the three PCI slots seem to be on channels A,B and C along with lots of impotant stuff while channels E, F and G are left completely empty! :eek:

If I understand the asus manual correctly it seems that there isn't any PCI slot not sharing its IRQ with something else! If this is the case, could some one explain to me who's stupid idea it was to configure the IRQs in this way? I downloaded ownwer manuals of other motherboards to compare (Asus Commando, P5B deluxe) and the IRQ assignements on these boards are much more evenly spread. :fou:

Now, is there a way to change these settings or am I better off getting another board? I did a google search for ''Changing IRQ settings'' and didn't come up with anything conclusive... :cry:

Please help me