Where to store Game program

Aussiegreg

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Hello, I would appreciate any help here please:
I have a new Computer, specs below, using Win7 64. This is installed on a Vertex 2 60gb SSD. Also installed on it is the game Company of Heroes, which I play a lot [not on line but with the disc in the DVD player].
When I run the Windows Experience Index the weak point is the SSD...Windows says there is not sufficient room on it.
So my question is: Can I install the game on one of the other HDDs , say the Wd Raptor and play it from there?
Does the game play from the DVD, or from the Installation, so if I install it on the Raptor, will the SSD still have influence.
As you can see I am not very 'tech knowledgeable' but I would like to improve on the 6.9 score of WEI, since everything else indicates a potential score of 7.4
Or does the WEI score matter anyway?
System:
GA 890FXA UD5 mobo
Phenom II X 4 955 cpu
8 gb G skill 12800 CL7-8-7-24 ram
ATI 5770 in crossfireX
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb SSD
WD 74gb raptor
wd 400gb hdd
650w TT Toughpower psu
Optiarc 22x dvd
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
If you want to, I would do so to free up space on your SSD. Also, I won't put to much faith or importance on your WEI score, as it isn't a true benchmark (or at least one that holds much weight :D ).

tecmo34

Administrator
Well... first question is what is your available capacity on the SSD? You want to keep at least 10GB free for OP / TRIM support.

Second... I run my games from my WD VRaptor without issues. The game is truly running from the hard drive, you just need the DVD to validate the license / key. You will not see a major decrease in performance going from a SSD. SSD's only really benefit in load times of the initial game or between scenes. It doesn't really provide additional FPS in gaming.

Aussiegreg

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Thanks tecmo34, for your time. available space on the SSD is 18.7 gb of 55.7 gb.
So I may as well reinstall the game on the Raptor and free up space on the SSD? Aussiegreg.