Please Help! 6950 suddenly wont overclock in Afterburner!!

skaterg7

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
Okay, so i recently over clocked my R6950 Twin Frozr II using afterburner in unofficial overcloking mode and I noticed that my card was not always overclocking properly (they didn't always apply) on startup. So, I uninstalled AB and reinstalled it, re-enabled UOC and then suddenly I couldnt over clock it at all. all of the sliders are reset to 0, and when i try to apply anyhting different they just reset. and the profile that is saved for the stock clock was half the speeds of what they actually were. I can overclock in normal mode, but as soon as I change it everything stops working properly. I have reinstalled AB multiple times, trying both the beta and current version, and reinstalling my drivers but still no luck. I really need someones help on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit* I have even gone as far as to flash the bios to that of the same card and still no progress.

skaterg7

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
okay, so now I've come back to the same problem where after burner isnt applying the clocks correctly at startup, at boot my clocks get set to 500mhz core and 1310mhz memory, the memory seems to be clocking right but the core is obviously not. I set the overclock to apply at startup, and went into the settings and checked all the startup options. can someone please tell me whats wrong? Is it an issue with my card? I doubt that it is considering it runs fine... If anyone has a solution for this problem please share it!

*edit* to clarify, when I click to apply the profile in the system tray the clocks work, they just dont apply at start up now.

*edit* Problem solved, uninstalled CCC and just left the display driver intact, overclock is applying properly now.....finally!