M4A88T-M LE Motherboard and Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

odcblue

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Does anyone know if the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus will fit on an Asus M4A88T-M LE micro ATX motherboard with G.Skills Ripjaws series memory?

Solution
You'll be fine,if the fit is tight on the first dimm, just slide the fan up.
I have a 212+ with all 4 dimms filled(Ripjaws).
I have more room though (1156) Amd is tighter(less space from socket to 1st dimm.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
I think you will have issues fitting it on. Usually the bigger aftermarket coolers block the first RAM slot and since that board only has 2 RAM slots anyway i think you'll run into some issues.

If you really do want the 212+ your best option is to look into low profile ram. Corsair do a version of their vengeance ram thats low profile, this should allow the CPU cooler to overhang the RAM slots but without touching them.
*Note: You will need to install the RAM before the Heat Sink*

Alternativly - Email the manufacturer and ask them about the sizing and if the Heat Sink Dimensions would be too big or not.

odcblue

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

Adrian, thank you for your time and suggestions. I emailed Cooler Master and asked them if the Hyper 212+ would fit my motherboard and they said yes. From everything I've been able to find out on the web I was tending to agree with you that I would need low profile ram as the 212+ would block the first ram slot. Anyway I bit the bullet and ordered the 212+ without ordering the low profile ram and lo and behold Cooler Master was right! It fit without blocking the first ram slot, barely! Problem solved as there was no problem to begin with and it dropped my temps at full load by 13 degrees c. Thank you again for your time and maybe this thread will help someone else.

odcblue

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
Adrian, thank you for your time and suggestions. I emailed Cooler Master and asked them if the Hyper 212+ would fit my motherboard and they said yes. From everything I've been able to find out on the web I was tending to agree with you that I would need low profile ram as the 212+ would block the first ram slot. Anyway I bit the bullet and ordered the 212+ without ordering the low profile ram and lo and behold Cooler Master was right! It fit without blocking the first ram slot, barely! Problem solved as there was no problem to begin with and it dropped my temps at full load by 13 degrees c. Thank you again for your time and maybe this thread will help someone else.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
No problem :) Im glad it all worked out for you! You've done really well to not have the cooler blocking your first RAM slot too :)

Just to note: Im not sure if your using 2 RAM sticks or 4, but if your only using 2 sticks, most motherboard recommend using slots 2 and 4 anyway. So if you are using 2 sticks, and using them in slots 1 and 3, id have a quick check of your motherboard manual to see which slots it recommends.

EDIT: Thats a really impressive temperature drop aswell! :eek:

odcblue

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011

Normal on load. It's much more quiet than the stock cooler that came with my Phenom II 1100T BE processor.

TRENDING THREADS