Storage situation. Have some questions.

Thunder Horse

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Alright. I boot from a 300GB Velociraptor. I also have an internall 500 GB WD for storage and external WD 1TB HD. My Velociraptor is almost full because of modern games. I probably should have installed them on the external or 500 GB. but I'm know of new to this and figured maybe they'd be better reading from a faster HD. My question is can I move my programs x86 folder into one of the other HD's or will it corrupt my games? Are there any other things I can do?

If you have any media files like music, movies, pics, or just general use files that don't necessarily belong to a program move them over to the 500gb. Don't rely on the external drive except for occasional use knowing how most end up. Drives in general are fairly cheap, I spend more on groceries than what a typical 1TB drive costs.

OK then go ahead and move some of your games, some games don't even need to be reinstalled however some are very picky. I got games on other drives that were installed years ago on old machines but was very lazy and just moved the folders from drive to drive :s